Demystifying the Promotions Process
Hosted by: Prof. David Haddleton & Prof. Vas Stavros
The following questions will be discussed:
- What are the criteria for Senior Research Fellows?
- The importance of funding
- What is research independence?
- How does this fit in with Probation?
- What is the Academic and Professional Pathway for Teaching Excellence (APP TE) and should I register?
Key dates for 2022/23
27 January 2023 - Deadline for which applications should be sent to Academic Processes
The new criteria are based on the following four areas of activity:
- Research & Scholarship
- Teaching & Learning
- Impact, Outreach, Engagement
- Collegiality, Leadership & Management
These criteria have been designed to provide transparent information on what is needed to successfully achieve probation. The criteria clearly outline the expectation for each area at every level of promotion, and in conjunction with the career pathway matrixLink opens in a new window, enabling individuals to proactively manage their successful completion of probation, and on-going career.
Mandatory Professional Development: APP TELink opens in a new window