After graduating with first class (Hons) in Industrial Chemistry from a highly reputable university in Nigeria (Africa), I joined the University of Warwick for a master's degree in Analytical Science and Instrumentation (ASI) and finished with distinction in 2019. At Warwick, i studied multidisciplinary modules relevant to diverse Industries, research institutes and academics; Some of which includes; Techniques in quantitative and qualitative analysis, Frontier techniques in analytical science, Mass Spectrometry, Chromatography and separation science, Electrochemistry and sensors, Magnetic Resonance, Statistics for data analysis.
MSc Research Project, University of Warwick (April 2019 - Sept. 2019)
My MSc research is focused on "Unravelling Photoprotection in Plant Sunscreen" under the supervision of Prof. Vasilios Stavros.
Motivated by the need to provide nature inspired sunscreen needed to overcome the deleterious effect of ultraviolet radiation on human, the research aims at investigating the photoprotective mechanism of the modified forms of the molecules found to be responsible for photoprotection in plants. This project have the prospect of providing highly photostable, environmental friendly UVA sunscreens to meet the demand of the cosmeceutical industry. Furthermore, since the current sunscreens are majorly UVB absorbers and are associated with potential dermatological and environmental effects, the success of this research could pave way for the future of the sunscreen industries with safe UVA absorbers.
Analytical Techniques: UV-visible spectroscopy, Fluorescence Spectroscopy, Ultrafast Transient Electronic Absorption Spectroscopy (TEAS)
Other Research Experience.
- Team Research Research (University of Warwick, April 2019): Investigation of Soil and Water Quality on University of Warwick Campus.
- Biomedical Limited, Nigeria (Oct. 2017 - Aug. 2018): Research and Development of Peritoneal Dialysis Infusion.
- Kwara State University Malete Nigeria (Jan. 2017 - Oct. 2017): Evaluation of heavy metal and organic toxic pollutants in well water samples in Malete, Kwara State, Nigeria.
- BTech Project (Jan 2016 - Aug 2016): Evaluation of nutritional composition and antioxidants properties of Onions (Allium Cepa) and Garlic (Allium Sativum).
- Abiola et. al., http://www.internationaljournalcorner.com/index.php/theijst/article/view/123659
- Bello et. al., https://www.researchgate.net/publication/330496531_Treatment_Technologies_for_Wastewater_from_Cosmetic_Industry-A_Review
- Research and Development /Quality Control Officer, Biomedical Limited, Ilorin Kwara State Nigeria. (Oct. 2017 – Aug. 2018)
- Graduate/Research Assistant at Kwara State University, Malete. (Jan. 2017 - Oct. 2017)
- Intern Quality control at Perfect Paint Nigeria Limited, Ikotun Lagos. (Jul. 2015 - Nov. 2015)
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Chancellor's International Scholarship. University of Warwick (2019)
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship. University of Warwick (2018)
- Award for Academic Excellence. Federal University of Technology, Akure (2016)
- Ekiti State Scholarship Award for Academic Excellence. Ekiti State Government (2013 & 2014)
- Excellence Leadership Award. Unification Campus Fellowship (2016)