PhD: 2015 - 2019
Rhodium complexes of NHC-based pincer ligands: Catalysis and reactions through rings
Destination: PDRA with David Leigh (Manchester)
2018: Rising stars in coordination chemistry symposium, ICCC2018, Sendai, Japan.
2018: Dalton Transactions Poster Prize – Dalton 2018
2017: Flurochem People’s Poster Prize – MASC Early Career Researcher meeting.
2017: Poster Prize – Department of Chemistry Postgraduate Symposium.
- C. M. Storey, M. R. Gyton, R. E. Andrew and A. B. Chaplin. Terminal Alkyne Coupling Reactions Through a Ring: Effect of Ring Size on Rate and Regioselectivity. Chem. Eur. J. 2020, 26, 14715 – 17723.
- C. M. Storey, A. Kalpokas, M. R. Gyton, T. Krämer and A. B. Chaplin. A shape changing tandem Rh(CNC) catalyst: preparation of bicyclo[4.2.0]octa-1,5,7-trienes from terminal aryl alkynes. Chem. Sci. 2020, 11, 2051 – 2057.
- C. M. Storey, M. R. Gyton, R. E. Andrew and A. B. Chaplin. Terminal Alkyne Coupling Reactions through a Ring: Mechanistic Insights and Regiochemical Switching. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 12003 – 12006.
- C. M. Storey, H. P. Cook and A. B. Chaplin, "Complexes of NHC-Based CEC Pincer Ligands: Structural Diversity and Applications" in Pincer Compounds: Chemistry and Applications, Ed. D. Morales-Morales, Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1st edn, 2018, ch 8, pp 173 – 189.
- S. L. Apps, R. E. Alflatt, B. Leforestier, C. M. Storey* and A. B. Chaplin*. Divergent stereoisomers of molybdenum carbonyl complexes of NHC-based pincer ligands. Polyhedron, 2018, 143, 57 – 61 (Pincer ligands and their applications special edition).
- R. E. Andrew, C. M. Storey and A. B. Chaplin. Well-defined coinage metal transfer agents for the synthesis of NHC-based nickel, rhodium and palladium macrocycles. Dalton Trans. 2016, 45, 8937 - 8944.