PhD student investigating the synthesis and applications of transition metal-based rotaxanes.
2018: Dalton Transactions Poster Prize – Dalton 2018
2017: Flurochem People’s Poster Prize – MASC Early Career Researcher meeting.
2017: Poster Prize – Department of Chemistry Postgraduate Symposium.
2015 – present: ERC funded studentship.
2015: Industrial placement at Unilever.
2011 – 2015: MChem, Univeristy of York.
Publications and contributions to symposia
- C. M. Storey, M. R. Gyton, R. E. Andrew and A. B. Chaplin. Terminal Alkyne Coupling Reactions through a Ring: Mechanistic Insights and Regiochemical Switching. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 12003 – 12006.
- C. M. Storey, H. P. Cook and A. B. Chaplin, "Complexes of NHC-Based CEC Pincer Ligands: Structural Diversity and Applications" in Pincer Compounds: Chemistry and Applications, Ed. D. Morales-Morales, Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1st edn, 2018, ch 8, pp 173 – 189.
- C. M. Storey, M. R. Gyton, R. E. Andrew and A. B. Chaplin. Switching the regioselectivity of terminal alkyne coupling reactions using macrocyclic ligands. Dalton 2018 – A Joint Meeting of Dalton Division Interest Groups, Coventry, UK, 2018.
- C. M. Storey, Rhiann E. Andrew, Matthew R. Gyton and A. B. Chaplin. Coordination chemistry of macrocyclic NHC-based pincer ligands. Macrocyclic and Supramolecular Chemistry Early Career Researcher meeting, Southampton, UK, 2017.
- S. L. Apps, R. E. Alflatt, B. Leforestier, C. M. Storey* and A. B. Chaplin*. Divergent stereoisomers of molybdenum carbonyl complexes of NHC-based pincer ligands. Polyhedron, 2018, 143, 57 – 61 (Pincer ligands and their applications special edition).
- R. E. Andrew, C. M. Storey and A. B. Chaplin. Well-defined coinage metal transfer agents for the synthesis of NHC-based nickel, rhodium and palladium macrocycles. Dalton Trans. 2016, 45, 8937 - 8944.
- R. E. Andrew, C. M. Storey and A. B. Chaplin. Synthesis, structure and dynamics of NHC-based Palladium macrocycles. Dalton 2016 – A Joint Meeting of Dalton Division Interest Groups, Coventry, UK, 2016.