There is no formal deadline by which applications must be submitted, but applicants should note that applications can only be considered once the application fee has been paid and all supporting documentation has been received, and that both places to study and available funding will be limited. Therefore early submission of your application to study is encouraged.
We are also happy to receive applications for MSc-only or for PhD-only. For MSc-only we have no funding sources so you would have to work out how to fund it yourself. For PhD-only (P-G1PG), we require you to have done (or be completing) an equivalent MSc to ours with high results, and to have identified a clear research proposal and supervisors and source of funding already. There is no need for the start date of a PhD-only course to be synchronised with the academic year; applications are taken all year round.
For an application to study to be complete and considered by the Centre, applicants must ensure they have completed all of the following:
- Completed and submitted the online application form via the University of Warwick Online Applications Portal
- Paid the application fee.
- Received e-mail notification of your Applicant ID Number from the University of Warwick Postgraduate Admissions Office.
- Clearly stated in your personal statement that you wish to be considered for the MathSys 1+3 course.
- Provided information in your application on your general motivation for the course, what you hope to achieve on the course, and how your education and experience to date would make you suitable for the course.
- Provided contact details of two academic referees, and advised them in advance that they will be contacted by the University of Warwick to submit a reference to support your application to study.
- Provided transcripts of your previous qualifications, and of any marks you have achieved to date on any current study you are undertaking.
- Provided an up-to-date CV.
- For EU and international candidates, you should also provide a certified English translation of your transcripts and certificates if they are not in English, and confirmation of your English Language Proficiency.
Consideration of applications
Your online application and supporting documents will be considered by one of our Admissions Tutors. If your application is taken forward to the next stage, applicants will usually be interviewed. Applicants for Research Council funded places will generally be interviewed by two academic members of MathSys staff, and a joint decision reached by them. Admissions decisions will be communicated to you via the central Postgraduate Admissions Service. Research Council Studentship offers will be made directly from the MathSys CDT Admissions tutors.
Next MSc start date: 28 September 2020