If you would like us to advertise an event please contact Wellcome-Translation@warwick.ac.uk
NIHR Patient and Public Involvement (ZOOM/MS Teams)
This course is a practical, interactive workshop for those working in clinical trials who already or wish to actively involve patients or the public in their trials. It offers participants the opportunity to:
- build an understanding of PPI in health research and specifically in clinical trials;
- begin involving patients and public in their research, and/or develop their involvement activities in a meaningful manner; and
- learn from other participants about what works in specific contexts.
START DATE & TIME
29/06/2021, 10:00 am
END DATE & TIME
29/06/2021, 12:00 pm
For further information and to sign up please visit the website
Data X Biomedical Science: Summer Event Series 2021
The Francis Crick Institute are running two events for data and biomedical scientists and aspiring entrepreneurs hosted jointly by the Crick, The Turing, Wellcome Sanger and Entrepreneur.
Session one will feature four panellists who will discuss the highs and lows of transitioning from research to entrepreneurship, providing advice and answering participants’ questions live.
Session two is a workshop designed to help scientists discover their edge and how to use it to become a company founder. This will involve practical tips and frameworks to try yourself, as well as interactive breakouts with fellow participants.
These events will take place: Tuesday 13 and 20 July, at 5pm.
Find out more and register on their webpage if you are interested.
Tuesday 22 June 2021
2pm - 3pm
Women may have broken down many of society’s professional and personal barriers, but significant gender disparity remains in the research and development community. Female founders account for just one in five university spinout founders, and only 12% of new spinouts have at least one female director at the helm.
We are delighted to be joined by those bucking the national trend to investigate why this is not necessarily the case in knowledge exchange. Join IP and commercial specialist Selina Hinchliffe and guests Kate Walker (Founder of ExpHand), Frankie Snobel (Founder of Tipplesworth), Megan Bingham-Walker (Co-Founder & CEO of Anasai), Sandy Reid (Investment Director, Mercia) and Bethany Watrous (Director Experience Heritage) as they discuss:
- the barriers faced by women entrepreneurs entering the market and commercialising their intellectual property and know-how
- the challenges faced by female entrepreneurs in seeking external funding and funding initiatives in place to specifically support women
- why so few women are involved in university spinout companies
- what can be done to improve female involvement in the spinout and investment community.
If you can't make the live session but would like to receive a copy of the on-demand recording, we would encourage you to still register for the event. This will ensure you receive a link to the recording as soon as it is available.