MSc in Mathematics
- Awarded in July 2004, Mathematics Institute, University of Warwick
- Dissertation Title: Phyllotaxis
MSc in Mathematical Biology and Biophysical Chemistry
- Awarded in January 2005, MOAC Doctoral Training Centre, University of Warwick
- Project 1 in Biology: Acanthamoeba polyphaga trophozoites regulation
Supervisors: Dr William Gaze and Prof Elizabeth Wellington
- Project 2 in Mathematics: Locomotory regulation in Acanthamoeba polyphaga
Supervisor: Dr Nigel Burroughs
- Project 3 in Chemistry: Detecting Quorum Sensing signal molecules
Supervisor: Dr Andrew J Clark
- Pattern formations in biological phenomena
- Syncrhrony-breaking bifurcations in coupled cell networks
- Network motifs (from graph theory) and their dynamics
- PhD thesis title: Interplay between Network Topology and Synchrony-breaking Bifurcation: Homogeneous Four-cell Coupled Cell Networks
- Supervisors: Prof Ian Stewart (Mathematics Institute)
- Advisor: Prof Hugh R Woodland (Biological Science Department)
- Submission and viva 2008, graduation July 2009.
- 2001-2005: Supervisor of first year Mathematics undergraduates in groups of up to five
- 2003-2006: Teaching assistant for third year undergraduate Mathematics course "Topics in Mathematical Biology" (MA390)
- 2004-2007: Teaching assistant for first year ungergraduate Economics course "Mathematics for Economists" (EC119)
- Awarded the Postgraduate Award (PGA) in Introduction to Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (June 2007)
Publications from PhD
- Hiroko Kamei (2009), Construction of lattices of balanced equivalence relations for regular homogeneous networks using lattice generators and lattice indices, International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, 19(11), 3691-3705.
- Hiroko Kamei (2009), The existence and classification of synchrony-breaking bifurcations in regular homogeneous networks using lattice structures, International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos , 19(11), 3707-3732.
- Hiroko Kamei, Robert C. Jackson, Daniella Zheleva and Fordyce A. Davidson (2010), An integrated pharmacokinetic–pharmacodynamic model for an Aurora kinase inhibitor. Journal of Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics, 37(4), 407-434.