In 2018, I graduated from the University of Nottingham with a MSci in Chemistry and Molecular Physics. Since then, I have joined the University of Warwick to study for my PhD in condensed matter physics. My PhD is titled "Probing the electronic structure of 2D heterostructures", supervised by Dr Neil Wilson.
My current research focuses on spatially-resolved angle-resolved photoemission spectroscopy (nano-ARPES) using synchrotron radiation, specifically at I05 beamline, Diamond Light Source (UK) and the Spectromicroscopy beamline, Elettra Sincrotrone Trieste (Italy). I study a variety of 2D materials and their heterostructures, including graphene, transition metal dichalcogenides (TMD) and post-transition metal chalcogenides (PTMC). In particular, twist dependant effects such as interlayer umklapp scattering and moirè superlattices.
- "Atomic and electronic structure of two-dimensional Mo(1-x)WS2 alloys" X. Xia, S.M. Loh, J. Viner, N.C. Teutsch, A.J. Graham, V. Kandyba, A. Barinov, A.M. Sanchez, D.C. Smith, N.D.M. Hine and N.R. Wilson. Journal of Physics: Materials, 4, 025004 (2021).
- "Ghost anti-crossings caused by interlayer umklapp hybridization of bands in 2D heterostructures" A.J. Graham, J. Zultak, M.J. Hamer, V. Zolyomi, S. Magorrian, A. Barinov, V. Kandyba, A. Giampietri, A. Locatelli, F. Genuzio, N.C. Teutsch, C. Salazar, N.D.M. Hine, V.I. Fal'ko, R.V. Gorbachev and N.R. Wilson. 2D Materials, 8, 015016 (2021).
- "Atomic reconstruction in twisted bilayers of transition metal dichalcogenides" A. Weston, Y. Zou, V. Enaldiev, A. Summerfield, N. Clark, V. Zólyomi, A. Graham, C. Yelgel, S. Magorrian, M. Zhou, J. Zultak, D. Hopkinson, A. Barinov, T.H. Bointon, A. Kretinin, N.R. Wilson, P.H. Beton, V.I. Fal'ko, S.J. Haigh, R. Gorbachev. Nature Nanotechnology, 15, 592–597 (2020).
- "Visualizing electrostatic gating effects in two-dimensional heterostructures" P.V. Nguyen, N.C. Teutsch, N.P. Wilson, J. Kahn, X. Xia, A.J. Graham, V. Kandyba, A.Giampietri, A. Barinov, G.C. Constantinescu, N. Yeung, N.D.M. Hine, X. Xu, D.H. Cobden and N.R. Wilson. Nature, 572, 220–223 (2019).
- "Indirect to Direct Gap Crossover in Two- Dimensional InSe Revealed by Angle-Resolved Photoemission Spectroscopy" M. Hamer, J. Zultak, A.V. Tyurnina, V. Zólyomi, D. Terry, A. Barinov, A. Garner, J. Donoghue, A.P. Rooney, V. Kandyba, A.Giampietri, A. Graham, N. Teutsch, X. Xia, M. Koperski, S. Haigh, V. Fal'ko, R.V. Gorbachev and N.R. Wilson. ACS Nano,13, 2136-2142, (2019).
- "An open access, integrated XAS data respository at Diamond Light Source" G. Cibin, D. Gianolio, S.A. Perry, T. Schoonjans, O. Moore, R. Draper, L.A. Miller, A. Thoma, C.L. Doswell and A. Graham. Radiation Physics and Chemistry, 175, 108479 (2020).
- CMQM 2021, Bristol - Online (oral) - "Band alignments and moiré effects in twisted 2D semiconductor heterobilayers".
- Frontiers in Condensed Matter Physics 2020, Bristol (poster) - "Replica bands observed in highly incommensurate 2D heterosturctures".
- CORPES 2019, Oxford (poster) - "Layer- and twist-dependent valence band structure in two-dimensional InSe heterostructures revealed by spatially-resolved ARPES".
- TMD-UK 2019, Sheffield (oral) - "Layer- and twist-dependent valence band structure in two-dimensional InSe heterostructures revealed by spatially-resolved ARPES".
- Q2XAFS 2017, Oxford (poster) - "B18 X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy reference library: Integrating conventional and advanced spectroscopic techniques for materials' characterisation".
Department of Physics
University of Warwick