CKM2010 will take place in the Physics Department of the University of Warwick. This is building number 45 on the map of the central campus. Entry is easiest through the Physical Sciences building, number 45 (go up the stairs and over the bridge). The plenary sessions will be in lecture theatre LT3, with working group sessions in rooms off the Science Concourse. All meeting rooms, including those for registration, receptions and the public lecture, are in the same area. An annotated version of the map, showing the main locations for CKM2010, is available here in pdf format. Alternatively, you can enter from Library Road, and go straight along the concourse through the Chemistry building (number 11).
If you are coming by car, you can park in car park 15 (see map). Note that access to the University from the A46 (Gibbet Hill road) is closed due to roadworks (more details here). Diversions are in place to redirect all access via the A45.
How to Find Us
Coming from abroad, the most convenient airports are
- Birmingham @ ~25' by taxi (~40 Eu.). Or (cheaper) take the monorail to Birmingham International train station, then the train to Coventry (10'), then 10'-15' by taxi from the station to the University (~12 Eu. in total).
- Luton This is the second-best airport to use @ ~2 hours by bus, train and taxi. Take the Virgin bus from the airport to Milton Keynes Station (55'). From there, take the train to Coventry (30'). It is 10'-15' by taxi from the station to the University.
- East Midlands @ ~2.5 hours by bus, train and taxi. Take the skylink bus to Derby station (30'). From there, get a train to Coventry (80'-100'). You need to change at Birmingham New Street. It is 10'-15' by taxi from the station to the University.
- Heathrow @ ~2.5 hours by train and taxi. Take the Heatrow express (train) to Paddington Station (15'). Then take the London Underground (Circle or Hammersmith and City line) to Euston Square station (15'). Walk one block East to Euston Station and take train direct to Coventry (59'). It is 10'-15' by taxi from the station to the University. Alternatively, there is a rail-air link (i.e. a bus) from Heathrow to Reading (50'); then take a train from Reading to Leamington Spa (60') and a taxi (25') to the University. Yet another possibility is to take a coach directly from Heathrow to Coventry (120') and then a taxi.
- Gatwick @ ~3 hours by train and taxi. Take Gatwick Express (train) from airport to Victoria Station (40'). Take London Underground (Victoria Line) from there to Euston Station (40'). Then take train direct to Coventry (59'). It is 10'-15' by taxi from the station to the University. Direct coaches are also possible (200').
It is important to note that Warwick University is actually closer to the City of Coventry than to Warwick. Coventry station is the nearest mainline railway station, and the Campus is about 10 minutes by taxi from there. Exhaustive directions within the UK can be found on the main visitor information page of the University.
Most participants will be able to enter the UK without the need for special visa arrangements. If in any doubt, please check with the UK Border Agency Visa Services