Participants from these listed countries do not require visa to enter Russia: http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk/visa_free_regime.html.
Participants and accompanying persons from other countries should contact Ekaterina Korzhova (korzhova at iszf dot irk dot ru) and request an invitation letter. The following information should be sent by e-mail:
- A copy (.jpg; .pdf) of the first page of your passport (the page with the number and personal information)
- The exact place of birth: country and region in the country (city, etc.)
- Citizenship (nationality). If there is a second (or more) nationality (citizenship) list them, separated by commas
- Address of permanent residence: country and region in the country of residence (city, etc.)
- The full name of the organisation (company) where you work
- The full address of the organisation (company) where you work
- Official position (status)
- The city where you prefer to apply for the visa at the Russian Consulate
- The dates of your visit
Citizens of the European Union (except UK, Ireland and Denmark) can use the invitation letters signed by the head of the Institute of Solar-Terrestrial Physics for visa application.
Citizens of other countries and all citizens of the European Union who are working in UK, Ireland or Denmark require an invitation letter issued by the Federal Migration Service of Russia. Receiving such an invitation takes at least 30 days from the day of the application submission to the Migration Service. Please send your request for this type of invitation letter not later than two months before the beginning of your trip.
Accompanying persons of citizens of the European Union require an invitation letter issued by the Federal Migration Service of Russia.