Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Degree Transcripts/Certificates


Whilst scanned copy degree documents uploaded online can be used to consider your application, should you be made an offer you will be required to supply a hard copy of one of the following:

  • an original copy of your degree transcripts/certificate (original paper copy, not a scan)
  • an valid (attested) copy of your degree transcripts/certificate (original paper copy, not a scan)

We require all transcripts from higher education (BA, BSc, MA, MSc for example) to be officially translated (if they are not issued in English) which can be done either by an official translation company, any British Council office or by the university that awarded the degree. If you have already graduated, we need proof that you have undergone the proper ceremonies fully completing your degree, i.e. official copy of your award certificate stating the date you graduated. If your transcripts already say this date and grade, then we do not need the award certificate. Please send all documentation to the Admissions Team at our address below as soon as possible. This will avoid unnecessary delays.

What is a valid certified/attested copy of a document?

A document is an acceptable copy if it has been stamped by a recognised authority. A recognised authority must be either the educational institution that awarded the degree, a legal representative (e.g. a lawyer or public notary), or a member of staff employed by the British Council.

The individual attesting your copy must state that they have seen the original from which the copy was obtained and must confirm that the copy is identical to the original. Attested documents must be stamped by the awarding institution, the legal representative, or the British Council in order for them to be accepted. If documents are in a language other than English, we must see a translated copy as well. The translation must have been undertaken by an official translator and must be signed and stamped confirming this. If you are based in the UK, the Post Office offer this service for a small fee.

What is a valid translated copy of a document?

If the original documents you are supplying are in a language other than English we will ask to see a translated copy. This must have been translated by an official translator or translation company and must be supplied along with the original document. The translated document must be signed and stamped and include the full contact details of the person who has carried out the translation.

What is the address to which all documentation should be sent?

IMPORTANT: Please write your student ID number (from your offer letter) on the envelope and on any documents you include.

Admissions Team, Full-time Masters Course Office
International Manufacturing Centre
University of Warwick

Tel: (44) 24 765 23691

For applicants applying from China, Hong Kong or Macau

The University of Warwick has an office in Hong Kong where you can submit your documents for verification. They will authenticate them and upload your documents to your application for the team here at WMG to process. This is much quicker and less expensive than sending them to the UK. You may submit by courier (sender paid) to our office address below.

WMG or WMG PSE (if you are a pre-sessional student)

University of Warwick (Hong Kong Office)

35/F, Central Plaza 18 Harbour Road,

Wanchai, Hong Kong
Tel: 852 2525 4604

Please print and attach a copy of the offer email with the following information:

  • Warwick ID: (It is essential that you include this)
  • Your Full Name: (in English)
  • Your Programme(s) of Study:

Returning your documents

We recommend you submit a certified true copy of your transcript/certificate (together with the official English translation if the documents are in Chinese) rather than the original copy in case they are lost in transit. If you want to arrange the return of your documents after they have been verified, please make sure you include the following information clearly on a cover letter attached to the pack. If you do not request the return of your documents they will be destroyed after processing in line with University of Warwick procedures.

Address邮寄地址():(in Chinese if address in China)
Postcode邮编():(valid for address in China)
Receiver收件人():(please provide a contact name for who will receive the documents)
Phone number联系电话():(please provide a contact telephone number)

If you choose this option, the courier company will collect the charge when they deliver the documents to you. The company that is used is SF Express ( They also have an online tracking system for students to check the delivery status.

We regret that the Admissions Office WILL NOT routinely return original documents sent in support of your application, although you are very welcome to collect them in person.

As we will not routinely return original documents we strongly recommend that you submit appropriately certified or attested copies, especially if you will need the original documents for a visa application.