GEM PhD School
Welcome to the Erasmus Mundus GR:EEN- GEM Doctoral Working Papers Series
GR:EEN is emphatically a research project; as such, it considers training and interacting with the next generation of social science researchers to be an important component of its mission. With this in mind GR:EEN has sought to foster a variety of contacts and platforms. In this regard, building on past experience accumulated within the GARNET Network of Excellence and a burgeoning set of synergies with the Erasmus Mundus GEM PhD School on “Globalisation, the EU and Multilateralism”, GR:EEN has amongst other: set up an annual “GREEN Doctoral Summer School” and launched a series of “GREEN-GEM Doctoral Working Papers”.
As the GR:EEN doctoral Summer Schools will mirror the research topics associated with the overall project, and the GEM PhD School’s core research agenda runs parallel to GR:EEN’s, synergies will allow for new research to be fostered and scientific product to be more widely circulated. The “GREEN-GEM Doctoral Working Papers” will thus provide a privileged platform for on-going doctoral research to be published and discussed, thereby enriching the discussion within both GEM and GR:EEN and strengthening the shared Epistemic Community. Doctoral papers published in this series are done so under the joint auspices of the GR:EEN project and the GEM PhD School.
1. E. Lopez Lucia, A tool for security governance: how is the EU fostering and shaping ECOWAS security and defense regionalization process? (January 2012)
2. C. Goron, The EU Aviation ETS Caught between Kyoto and Chicago: Unilateral Legal Entrepreneurship in the Multilateral Governance System (November 2012)
3. Hikaru Yoshizawa, The Relational and Structural Power of the EU in Competition Policy: Addressing Asymmetry (November 2012)
4. Hikaru Yoshizawa, How does the ICN accommodate its increasing diversity? Putting benchmarking into practice (December 2012)
5. Zhun Zhong, Multiple Principles for Multilateral Interventions: The Ideational Divergences between EU and China (December 2012)
6. van Hooft, Multipolarity, Multilateralism, and Strategic Competition (December 2012)
7. A. Chung, Regional Cooperation and the Web of Joint Initiatives in Northeast Asia (December 2012)