Dr Eleni Tsingou is a Senior Associate Fellow in the Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation and is Associate Professor in the Department of Business and Politics, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark.
Dr Tsingou is a Political Scientist who studies financial governance and how transnational policy communities shape regulatory practices. She leads a project on expert networks in economic governance funded by the Institute for New Economic Thinking, and is developing work on how professional networks address complex global issues, with a focus on demographic change in OECD countries. In 2015-2018, Dr Tsingou is involved in a Horizon 2020 project on ‘European Legitimacy in Governing through Hard Times: The Role of European Networks’, leading the work package on ‘Youth Employment and Inclusive Growth’ which addresses issues related to labour, skills and demographic trends in the European Union. She is the former Chair of the International Political Economy Section of the International Studies Association, and serves on the Editorial Board of the RIPE/Routledge series in Global Political Economy.
- Global Financial Governance
- Global Banking and Financial Reform
- Transnational Policy Communities, Regulatory Networks and Policy Clubs
- Professions in International Political Economy
- The Global Anti-Money Laundering Regime
- Demographic Fertility and National Welfare Systems
- Tsingou, E. (2016) ‘Bodies of Knowledge in Reproduction: Epistemic Boundaries in the Political Economy of Fertility’, New Political Economy 21(1): 69-89 (with Leonard Seabrooke).
- Tsingou, E. (2015) ‘Transnational Veto Players and the Practice of Financial Reform’, British Journal of Politics and International Relations 17(2), 318-34.
- Tsingou, E. (2015) ‘Club Governance and the Making of Global Financial Rules’, Review of International Political Economy 22(2), 225-256.
- Tsingou, E. (2015) ‘Professional Emergence on Transnational Issues: Linked Ecologies on Demographic Change’, Journal of Professions and Organization 2(1): 1-18 (with Leonard Seabrooke).
- Tsingou, E. (2014) ‘Distinctions, Affiliations, and Professional Knowledge in Financial Reform Expert Groups’, Journal of European Public Policy 21(3): 389-407 (with Leonard Seabrooke).
- Tsingou, E. (2013) Great Expectations, Slow Transformations: Incremental Change in Post-Crisis Regulation. Colchester: ECPR Press (co-edited with Manuela Moschella).
- Tsingou, E. (2011) ‘The Politics of Legitimate Global Governance’. Review of International Political Economy 18(1): 1-16 (with James Brassett).