Our forthcoming events are listed below.
For videos and podcasts of past CSWG events, click here.
Seminar: "Postethnic Activism in the Nordic Region - From Antiracist Feminism to Urban Mobilisation in Racialised Areas”
“Postethnic Activism in the Nordic Region - From Antiracist Feminism to Urban Mobilisation in Racialised Areas”
Suvi Keskinen (University of Helsinki)
The presentation discusses the new wave of activism in Sweden, Denmark and Finland that is framed around being racialised as other/non-white by the surrounding society rather than on ethnic group membership. It examines the understandings of the 'common' and the intersections of gender, race and class in these notions, as well as the dilemmas of alliance-building.
Suvi Keskinen is Academy of Finland Research Fellow and Professor at the Centre for Research on Ethnic Relations and Nationalism, University of Helsinki, Finland. For more on Suvi’s work, see https://tuhat.helsinki.fi/portal/en/person/suvikesk
The seminar will be chaired by Maria do Mar Pereira.
This event is free and open to all. You do not have to register in advance.
We will NOT provide refreshments, but you’re more than welcome to bring your lunch and eat it at the seminar!
Please join us for this talk, organised by CSWG and the Department of Sociology
- For information on getting to the University of Warwick, see here.
- You can find a map of campus here. The lecture will take place in the Social Sciences building, which appears at the centre of the map.
- The venue is wheelchair accessible. If you face other access barriers or require more detailed accessibility information, please let us know so we can support your full participation.
- We are unfortunately not able to offer childcare for this event, but babies and children are fully and warmly welcomed, and we will do our best to provide any amenities and adjustments necessary to support colleagues bringing babies or children.
- If you have any questions or need special assistance, please do not hesitate to contact Laura Elwyn (L.Elwyn@warwick.ac.uk).