Further Applicant Information for Post 102398-0320
Entrepreneurship and Innovation Group
Professors: David Allen, Graeme Currie, James Hayton, Tina Kiefer, Andy Lockett, Jonothan Neelands, Nicos Nicolaou, Eivor Oborn, Stephen Roper, Deniz Ucbasaran
Professors of Practice: Simon Barnes, Bernard Crump, John Lyon, Patricia Reay
Associate Professors: Rachel Dickinson, Dawn Eubanks, Stuart Fraser, Tamara Friedrich, Piers Ibbotson, Christos Kolympiris, Kevin Mole, Dimitrios Spyridonidis, Noni Symeonidou
Senior Teaching Fellow:
Assistant Professors: Katrin Smolka
Nicos Nicolaou is the Head of Group, a responsibility held by senior members of the Group.
The Entrepreneurship and Innovation Group is a world-class entrepreneurship group at the heart of a world-class business school. WBS is a research-led, triple-accredited university-based business school with a portfolio of highly ranked programmes. We believe in the power of entrepreneurship to change the world for the better. We are recognised for our outstanding research that spans disciplinary boundaries and is published in top journals. We employ exceptional faculty that challenge convention. We embrace diversity, pluralism and different perspectives.
Our vision is to be Europe’s leading Entrepreneurship and Innovation department.
Our vision is guided by our four-fold mission:
1.To conduct world-class multidisciplinary research in entrepreneurship, innovation and health.
2.To provide a superlative educational experience that is research-led, practical and pedagogically innovative.
3.To influence practice and policy making for the benefit of society.
4.To influence our students’ current and future engagement in entrepreneurial activities.
Current areas of research in the group include:
- The cognition and decision making of entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial teams
- Individual and team creativity
- Characteristics of entrepreneurs
- Healthcare leadership and management
- Public policy as it relates to entrepreneurship and innovation
- Entrepreneurial finance
- Health innovation
- SME growth and performance
- Biology and neuroscience of entrepreneurship
- Big data and entrepreneurship
The Group is responsible for teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Teaching loads are actively managed to keep them consistent with a high level of research activity. PhD students provide teaching assistance on many courses. There is also dedicated administrative support for each teaching programme.
Grade FA7 Assistant Professor
Salary range £41,526 - £49,553 (In exceptional circumstances, it may be possible to offer a supplement to the salary range stated for this role of up to £25,000 on an annual basis. Any such supplement would be awarded on the basis of a demonstrable history of exceptional achievement and is entirely at the discretion of the University)
For further information about Warwick Business School, please see our website.
Warwick Business School is one of the largest and most respected business schools in the world; we’re firmly in the top 1%.
Our Dean, Professor Andy Lockett, has high ambitions for us to be:
- A world leader in business education, research and engagement, helping to create a better global society.
- To produce and world-class, cutting edge research that shapes the way organisations operate and businesses are led and managed
- To produce world-class, socially responsible, creative leaders and managers who think on a global scale, regardless of the size of their organisation
- To engage meaningfully with business and government to create a better society
- To provide a lifelong return on investment for students and alumni
Producing World-Class Business Leaders
As the largest department of the University of Warwick we offer excellent facilities and a prestigious reputation. We are consistently top-rated for our teaching quality and were the first UK school to be endorsed by all 3 international business school accreditation schemes.
We attract students from all over the world, currently 64% from outside the UK, who trust us to teach them at undergraduate, masters, MBA, and PhD level, in both full-time and part-time education. We regularly consult and collaborate with industry to keep our programmes fresh, relevant, and accessible and have something to offer individuals at every stage of their career. We offer an extensive executive education programme and work with clients around the world to develop their in-house talent.
The performance of our degree programmes excels as our course portfolio continues to refresh, expand, and diversify. We currently offer 31 courses to more than 7,000 students.
- Our undergraduate courses are top-ranked in the 2018 Guardian University Guide. We're number 3 for Accounting & Finance in both the 2019 editions of the Complete University Guide and the Times Good University Guide.
- The school is third most targeted university nationally by the UK's top 100 graduate employers, according to High Fliers Research.
- Our masters courses provide highly specialised learning in areas of business that are increasingly important in the search for sustainable competitive advantage.
- More than 30 years of combined learning experience enable us to deliver the Warwick MBA to nearly 2,600 experienced managers each year, wherever they are in the world.
Publishing Leading Edge Research
We have achieved a global reputation for research excellence, offering a broad subject base and highly regarded faculty. The most recent UK government Research Excellence Framework (December 2014) rated more than 80% of our research as ‘world leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’, ranking WBS as 5 in the UK for research output. Over half of our academics come from outside the UK and many have taught or worked overseas. They produce world leading research in most fields of management including:
- accounting, markets and organisations
- behavioural science
- business strategy
- consumer behavior
- corporate governance
- customer service
- industrial relations
- innovation strategy
- knowledge management
- operational research
- operations and supply chain management
Providing a Return on Investment
Learning by sharing experience and insight is key to the student experience at WBS. Our 30,000 alumni have cited the combination of a highly intelligent and internationally diverse cohort as being a major benefit of their learning experience as well as their future careers.
The fact that many graduates return for further study here later in their career demonstrates our effective blend of academic research with the practicalities of the workplace. Our graduates are highly sought after by business and can be found in senior positions in global bluechip companies around the world. Many also set up their own business with the entrepreneurial business skills they have learned with us.
For our sponsoring organisations, both public and private, who support their employees through our programmes, the benefits are clear: more motivated and higher skilled staff leads to increased productivity and a stronger business.
More information www.wbs.ac.uk.