Further Applicant Information for post: 72193-069
Assistant Professor in Information Systems and Management
Information Systems and Management Group
Professors: Sue Newell, Joe Nandhakumar
Reader: Jimmy Huang
Associate Professors: Joao Baptista, Panos Constantinides, Markos Zachariadis
Assistant Professors: Manos Gkeredakis, Mareike Möhlmann, Zhewei Zhang, Melody Zou, Yang Yang, Jochem Hummel, Shweta Singh
Professor of Practice: Mark Skilton
Sue Newell is the Head of Group, a responsibility held by senior members of the Group.
WBS is a research-led, triple-accredited university-based business school with a portfolio of world-class programmes.
We are continuing our search for top-flight talent to join our outstanding faculty. Applications are invited at the level of Assistant-level Professor in Information Systems and Management.
We are looking for an internationally oriented, ambitious yet collegial early career scholar who will contribute to research and teaching within the information systems and management (ISM) group (http://www.wbs.ac.uk/research/staff/?department=ISM). We view the search as an opportunity to further enhance our ambition to be one of the top information systems groups, where intellectual leadership and curiosity are highly valued.
The successful candidate will have completed or will be near the completion of their doctoral studies, and will need to have a demonstrable capacity to publish at the very top level and also an ambitious future research agenda. Evidence of an emerging record of publishing in high quality academic journals would be an advantage. In addition, the successful candidate will be interested in teaching and striving to provide our students with an impactful learning experience. They will also be motivated to participate with others in the ISM group and WBS more generally in order to ensure that we continue to build a collegial and supportive environment.
We teach across a number of Warwick Business School's programmes, at the Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels, including the Warwick MBA, DBA and WBS Executive Programmes.
Salary range £40,792 - £48,677 (In exceptional circumstances, it may be possible to offer a supplement to the salary range stated for this role of up to £25,000 on an annual basis. Any such supplement would be awarded on the basis of a demonstrable history of exceptional achievement and is entirely at the discretion of the University)
For further information about Warwick Business School, please see our website at:
Warwick Business School is one of the largest and most respected business schools in the world; we’re firmly in the top 1%. Our Dean, Professor Andy Lockett, has high ambitions for us to be:
- A world leader in business education, research and engagement, helping to create a better global society.
- To produce and world-class, cutting edge research that shapes the way organisations operate and businesses are led and managed
- To produce world-class, socially responsible, creative leaders and managers who think on a global scale, regardless of the size of their organisation
- To engage meaningfully with business and government to create a better society
- To provide a lifelong return on investment for students and alumni
Producing World-Class Business Leaders
As the largest department of the University of Warwick we offer excellent facilities and a prestigious reputation. We are consistently top-rated for our teaching quality and were the first UK school to be endorsed by all 3 international business school accreditation schemes.
We attract students from all over the world, currently 64% from outside the UK, who trust us to teach them at undergraduate, masters, MBA, and PhD level, in both full-time and part-time education. We regularly consult and collaborate with industry to keep our programmes fresh, relevant, and accessible and have something to offer individuals at every stage of their career. We offer an extensive executive education programme and work with clients around the world to develop their in-house talent.
- The performance of our degree programmes excels as our course portfolio continues to refresh, expand, and diversify. We currently offer 31 courses to more than 7,000 students.
- Our undergraduate courses are top-ranked in the 2018 Guardian University Guide. We're number 3 for Accounting & Finance in both the 2019 editions of the Complete University Guide and the Times Good University Guide.
- Our masters courses provide highly specialised learning in areas of business that are increasingly important in the search for sustainable competitive advantage.
- More than 30 years of combined learning experience enable us to deliver the Warwick MBA to nearly 2,600 experienced managers each year, wherever they are in the world.
Publishing Leading-Edge Research
We have achieved a global reputation for research excellence, offering a broad subject base and highly regarded faculty. The most recent UK government Research Excellence Framework (December 2014) rated more than 80% of our research as ‘world leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’, raking WBS as 5th in the UK for research output. Over half of our academics come from outside the UK and many have taught or worked overseas. They produce world leading research in most fields of management including:
- accounting, markets and organisations
- behavioural science
- business strategy
- consumer behaviour
- corporate governance
- customer service
- industrial relations
- innovation strategy
- knowledge management
- operational research
- operations and supply chain management
Providing a Return on Investment
Learning by sharing experience and insight is key to the student experience at WBS. Our 30,000 alumni have cited the combination of a highly intelligent and internationally diverse cohort as being a major benefit of their learning experience as well as their future careers.
The fact that many graduates return for further study here later in their career demonstrates our effective blend of academic research with the practicalities of the workplace. Our graduates are highly sought after by business and can be found in senior positions in global bluechips around the world. Many also set up their own business with the entrepreneurial business skills they have learned with us.
For our sponsoring organisations, both public and private, who support their employees through our programmes, the benefits are clear: more motivated and higher skilled staff leads to increased productivity and a stronger business.
More information www.wbs.ac.uk.