Warwick is committed to supporting our academic colleagues to build and develop international collaborations that will strengthen their research.
We have a long standing agreement with FAPESP (São Paulo Research Foundation) which is the state funding agency for São Paulo, Brazil, to jointly fund research projects between researchers from the University of Warwick and from the State of São Paulo. Through this agreement, Warwick researchers are able to apply to the SPRINT (São Paulo Researchers in International Collaboration) funding call.
In the latest round of SPRINT, three of our academics, alongside their colleagues in Brazil, have won funding from the Warwick-FAPESP Joint Fund;
- Dr. Stephen Jackson, School of Life Sciences, University of Warwick/ Dr Luciana Rossini Pinto, Centro de Cana, Instituto Agronomico de Campinas (IAC)
- Dr. Joao Porto de Albuquerque, Centre for Interdisciplinary Methodologies, University of Warwick/ Dr. Eduardo Mario Mendiondo, University of São Paulo
- Professor Richard Walton, Chemistry, University of Warwick/ Professor Paulo C de Sousa Filho, Instituto de Quimica
Every year we also invite applications to our International Partnership Fund, designed to support the development of new and early stage collaborations with leading universities and research institutes around the world. Eight academics have recently received awards to work collaboratively in Brazil, China (including Hong Kong), Colombia, India, Indonesia and Singapore.
- Dr. Guy Barker, School of Life Sciences, University of Warwick/ Dr. Irnia Nurika, University of Brawijaya, Indonesia
- Dr. Tiago de Luca, Film and Television Studies, University of Warwick/ Dr. Cecilia Mello, USP (University of São Paulo), Brazil
- Professor Anne Gerritsen, Global History and Culture Centre, University of Warwick/ Professor GAO Xi, Fudan University, China
- Dr. Ming-Sung Kuo, School of Law, University of Warwick/ Dr. Weitseng Chen, National University of Singapore
- Professor Davide Nicolini, Warwick Business School, University of Warwick/ Professor Rodrigo Ribeiro, UFMG (Federal University of Minas Gerais), Brazil
- Professor Alison Ribeiro de Menezes, School of Modern Languages and Cultures, University of Warwick/ Lucas Ospina, Universidad de Los Andes (and National Reintegration Agency), Colombia
- Professor Lawrence Young, Division of Biomedical Sciences, University of Warwick/ Professor KW Lo, Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK), Hong Kong and Dr. Jajah Fachiroh, Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM), Indonesia
- Dr. Xiaowei Zhao, School of Engineering, University of Warwick/ Dr. Bing Feng NG, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
Professor Simon Swain, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (External Engagement) said;
Through our own funding channels and in partnership with other funding bodies, we are committed to enabling collaborations with the most prestigious universities around the world in order to support the development of high quality, interdisciplinary research."
The International Partnership Fund and the FAPESP-Warwick Joint Fund are administered by International Strategy and Relations. If you would like to find out more about these funding streams or have any queries regarding future applications, please contact Emily Lim, International Partnerships Manager E.Lim@warwick.ac.uk.