Thursday 5 September 2013 - 6pm - University of Warwick
Academics from the Universities of Warwick, Leicester and Loughborough will present current research into Alzheimer’s and Dementia, followed by a question and answer session with researchers and local doctors.
Afterwards there will be refreshments and a chance to browse an exhibition featuring the latest research on Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
- Professor Libby Burton, University of Warwick: ‘Space to age well: designing dementia-friendly environments’
- Nicky Atherton, University of Warwick: ‘Dementia and Physical Activity- Can exercise slow down early stage dementia?’
- Dr Latha Velayudhan, University of Leicester- 'Olfaction and Alzheimer's disease'
- Professor Eef Hogervorst, University of Loughborough: ‘Reducing Dementia Risk: a focus on diet and exercise'
- To be confirmed: A local carer will share their experiences of caring for an Alzheimer’s sufferer
If you have any questions about the event please contact the Warwick Events Team on (024 7657 4036) or events at warwick dot ac dot uk