Visit our Welcome Hub for new staff to find all the important information that you’re most likely to need to know in your first few weeks, to help you get set-up and started in your new role.
However long you've worked at the University, here are some of the essential links you might be looking for:
- Getting here and finding your way around - interactive campus map, car parking, and travel and transport
- Key dates - payroll dates, term dates, holiday dates, graduations, open days, and committee timetables
- Pay and reward - salary scales, rewards and benefits, and pension schemes
- IT Services - helpdesk, IT guides, email, web publishing, phones,and audio-visual services.
Get to know your organisation and keep up to date with Warwick's developments:
Take a look at the range of ways to stay informed about what's happening at Warwick.
Alongside the information and two-way communications you'll receive within your own department or service area, there are a number of channels at Warwick designed for all staff to make use of:
- University-wide staff channels - insite (staff portal), inbox-insite (as a member of staff, you will receive this weekly staff enewsletter), @warwickinsite (staff twitter account), and events calendar
- External channels - the University of Warwick website, @warwickuni (student and external twitter account)
- Student comms - MyWarwick (student portal), fortnightly UG newsletters and monthly PG newsletters
- Share your news - read our guide to communicating with your colleagues, our students and external audiences
Working at Warwick isn't about just getting your job done. A range of services are available to support you on a personal level too:
- Parents - Join our Working Parents Network, eForum, or Returning Parents Mentoring Scheme
- Support groups - staff groups include our Carers' Network, LGBT Network, and BME Network
- Dignity at Warwick - confidential support available from dignity contacts and options on how to deal with inappropriate behaviour.
- Counselling - see the Employee Assistance Programme for details of the range of support available
- Disability - contact the Diversity & Inclusion team for information and support for staff with disabilities
Researchers will find a wealth of support services and opportunities at Warwick:
- Funding - find out what funding is available internally and externally to support your research project.
- Network and collaborate - seek support from peers on Research Exchange, or the Research Staff Forum.
- Get published - seek guidance from the Publications Service, our central hub for all research outputs.
- Find research - read full text, open access research content on Warwick Research Archive Portal (WRAP)
- Raise your profile - manage your research profile via our research administration system, Ideate.
Here's a round-up of some of the most common questions you ask:
- Where can I find an event venue? - Warwick Conferences run our three campus conference centres
- How do I order catering? - Warwick Food & Drink are our on campus event caterers
- How do I book a meeting room? - Book centrally timetabled rooms and committee meeting rooms online
- How do I book business related travel? - Take a look at our business travel guidance
- Where can I get something printed? - Contact our campus suppliers, Warwick Design and Warwick Print
- Am I complying with H&S regulations? - contact our Health, Safety and Wellbeing team
- Where can I get hold of office equipment? - try Warwick Swap for freecycling furniture and stationery