Application deadline 14 July 2013
The British Council, together with partners around the world, are now inviting leading researchers to propose themes for bilateral workshops between the UK and one of 18 partner countries (see below) as part of a new British Council Researcher Links initiative.
Through a series of workshops and travel grants 'British Council Researcher Links' will provide funded opportunities for researchers from the UK and internationally to interact, learn from each other and explore opportunities for building long-lasting research collaborations. The successful workshop coordinators will have the opportunity to shape the programme, identify contributors and select early career participants for the workshop, discuss their research, and build valuable international relationships.
Workshops are to be held (in English) in one of the partner countries (listed below), should be no longer than 4 days, and must take place before 14 March 2014.
The application deadline is 14 July 2013.
All research areas covered in the following countries:
- Brazil (in partnership with FAPESP)
- Morocco (in partnership with CNST); Qatar
- South Africa; Nigeria;
- Russia; Azerbaijan;
- Pakistan (in partnership with HEC, PCST and PSF); Bangladesh;
- Indonesia; South Korea
Priority Subject areas for each of the following countries (see Annexe 1 of the Guidelines for more detail)
- Mexico (in partnership with CONACyT); Colombia (in partnership with Colciencias)
- Egypt; Turkey; Kazakhstan (in partnership with the Science Committee of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the National Centre for State Scientific Technical Expertise)
- Thailand (in partnership with Thailand Research Fund TRF); Vietnam (in partnership with HCMC University of Medicine and Pharmacy, The University of Danang, Ministry of Science and Technology and Nam Duoc Company)
Further information can be found online
If you are interested in applying to this fund please contact Sarah Patrick (ext. 22647) in the International Office.