Creative Futures is a University programme which brings together the brightest minds from the digital and creative industries, with the next generation of students, entrepreneurs and investors from across the region. Creative Futures is the gateway between Warwick and the region’s creative cluster. It delivers impact through various programmes and initiatives, including a creative industries network, a start-up incubator, digital skills programmes and a state-of-the-art Esports Centre on campus.
Anchored in Leamington Spa, Creative Futures is part of a globally significant creative and digital cluster which is the UK’s largest outside Greater London – and is growing.
Since the launch of Creative Futures in 2019, we’ve….
- Supported 35 creative businesses to grow
- Helped to generate £1.43m in sales / grants commissions
- Generated 85 new clients
- Created 35 new jobs
- Played a key role in raising the profile of the Leamington cluster and driven economic growth in our region.
Watch this video to find out more about the great work being done:
What opportunities are available with Creative Futures?
Creative Futures is driving forward new opportunities for creative businesses to work with Warwick academics and researchers as part of two new funding streams recently announced, find out more about them and how to apply on the links below:
- Games and Innovation Nexus (GAIN) projectLink opens in a new window - The Games and Innovation Nexus (GAIN) project will explore the strengths and opportunities between two of the UK’s largest games clusters in Silicon Spa in Leamington and Guildford. The GAIN project – comprising UCA, the University of Surrey and Warwick – has secured £1.5 million from Research England’s Connecting Capability Fund (CCF).
- Immersive and Creative Technologies Launchpad programmeLink opens in a new window - Coventry and Warwickshire has been selected to receive up to £7.5m of new investment to drive local innovation and business growth, building on the region’s existing strengths in video game development.
- Collaborative R&DLink opens in a new window – for researchers interested in CreaTech, we offer collaborative R&D funding for up to £5000 to foster industry and researcher partnerships and projects.
We recently celebrated Warwick’s role in the Creative Cluster with a special event, hosted by our Vice-Chancellor Professor Stuart Croft. Coming together to recognise the impact that the programme has had on our region - such as supporting creative businesses and generating new clients and jobs.