Are you responsible for inducting new students in your department? Perhaps you have an academic interest in how people transition to a new stage in their education? Whether you work with postgraduates or undergraduates you are invited to a three-hour Induction Exchange (with lunch) facilitated by the Central Induction team.
These sessions – one for each faculty – are designed to help facilitate academic departments to exchange ideas and practice around induction. It is also a change for central services to communicate their plans for the 2015 intake of new students.
The sessions are an opportunity to:
- share best practice around academic department induction with colleagues from the same faculty
- learn about the Minimum Requirements for Induction guidance document
- have sight of plans for Postgraduate Welcome Week 2015
- look forward to the Transition Conference on 25 September 2015
- continue discussion over a light lunch