Marika Mura from Politics and International Studies is the grand winner of the Food GRP calendar competition, she will have her photo featured on the front cover of the calendar and will also receive £150. Congratulations!
Marika Mura, the grand winner of the Food GRP Calendar competition, has decided to use her prize to organise an essay competition for students of a secondary school in Tanzania, in the village of Kwala.The students of this school are the ones farming in the picture that won the first prize.
The essay will be on: 'The importance of agriculture in Tanzania in the past and today'. The first three essays selected for level of research and creativity will win a share of the £150 to use for academic needs such as school fees, school canteen, school garden and books.
The Food GRP is delighted to see the prize being used for such an inspirational initiative!
- Marika Mura (Politics & International Studies)
- Tuvan Soykan (Warwick Business School)
- Yujing Chen (Warwick Manufacturing Group)
- Timothy Kaufmann (Life Sciences)
- Kamran Shakeel (Warwick Business School)
- Alice Yousef (English and Comparative Literary Studies)
- Colin Tan (Warwick Business School)
- Xuan Khaw (Warwick Business School)
- Christiane Görgen (Statistics)
- Margaux Simon (Warwick Business School)
All 10 winners will receive a copy of the Food GRP Calendar, featuring their own picture. Have a look at the competition’s webpage to see the selected pictures.