Registration is open for the Inaugural University of Warwick Global Social Mobility Debate at the British Library, featuring Baroness Amos, UN Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator.
On 13 November from 12- 2.30pm the British Library will host a debate developed in conjunction with the Warwick Commission on the Future of Cultural Value, the RSA Academies and the ESRC Festival of Social Sciences. The debate will bring together an exceptional panel of speakers to share their expertise and perspectives on widening participation interventions in the UK within the context of the global challenge of securing greater equity in higher education participation.
- Professor Jane Elliott, Chief Executive and Deputy Chair of the Economic and Social Research Council
- Chair, Roly Keating, Chief Executive of the British Library
- Baroness Valerie Amos, UN Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator
- Mr Daulton Redmond, Principal, RSA Academy.
- Professor Lesley Yellowlees CBE FRSE, President of the Royal Society of Chemistry 2012-2014
- Annissa Warsame, winner of a nationwide competition run by IGGY, for a 13-18 year old to join the panel.
Sign-up online (please note that we expect this event to fill up very quickly).