Student Careers & Skills is hosting the University’s first Graduate Jobs & Work Experience Fair on Thursday 26 February. Running from 12pm to 4pm in the Panorama Room, Rootes Building, the event brings together the different strands of employability enabling students to reflect on their Warwick experiences, creating their own Unique Story that they can tell to employers.
What's going on...
48 external organisations including SMEs, charities, government and big firms are offering more than 3500 current employment opportunities, ranging from part-time summer jobs, mentoring opportunities, summer internships, year-long placements to graduate roles.
For students seeking opportunities closer to home, they can explore doorstep work-experience opportunities with on-campus employers including Warwick Arts Centre, Library, International Office, Unitemps, Warwick Volunteers and Warwick Welcome Service in The Experience Pool Hall. The Interactive Plasma Unit is available for students to explore MyPortfolio, Warwick’s online virtual learning environment; and learn how to search for opportunities on and off campus on myAdvantage, careers portal and The Experience Pool, Warwick’s new portal showcasing 8,000+ on-campus opportunities.
25 minutes bite-size sessions will run throughout the fair and include:
- No Experience? Find your unique selling points: Perfect for students with no work experience to write on their application, this is the opportunity to find their unique selling points to convince employers.
- Application Top Tips: Students will find out how to maximise their CV, covering letter or application form to progress to the interview stage.
- Tell Your Story to Secure the Job: Applicants will learn how to capture and reflect on their unique Warwick Journey to employers through MyPortfolio
- Opportunities on your Doorstep and Beyond: Applicants will learn how to search for on and off campus opportunities via myAdvantage and The Experience Pool.
Also a range of Employer Sessions:
- Employers Q&A: Students will receive industry insights from our panel of recruiters on ‘How to Convince Employers that you are the ONE’
- 30 Seconds Employers Challenge: Students will have the opportunity to get a ‘30 seconds first impression’ feedback from recruiters on their CV.
Collaboration with the SU has resulted in showcases from Student Societies e.g. Classical & Modern Dance, Warwick Devils Cheerleaders and EQHO Dance to kick-off the launch of the Graduate Jobs & Work Experience Fair at the Piazza from 12pm, highlighting how engaging with societies can help create transferable skills to enhance employability.
Finally, to complete the event, there will be Fairground Stalls including Coconut Shy, Candy Floss, Popcorn and Hoopla stands.