Come celebrate our 50th anniversary at the Warwick Music Festival, and enjoy exotic street food, quirky street performers and even circus and music-making workshops. It’s a great opportunity to join colleagues in a colourful, work-free environment.
Join us at the Arts Centre from 4pm on Friday 22 May and unwind with workmates, family and friends, enjoying the free music and soaking up the atmosphere. There’s no need to book.
Check out the line-up for Friday 22 May:
Kick-start your Bank Holiday weekend with revelry, music and street food delights!
4pm – 9.30pm: Street food and drink stalls by the Koan, including
- Flying Cows burgers
- Sharian Caribbean food
- Platinum Pancakes
- Barebones Pizza
4pm – 7pm: ‘Have a Go’ Workshops, featuring
- Boomwhackers, tuned percussion tubes in the Bell Tent by the Koan
- Watestra, tuned water bottles in the Bell Tent by the Koan
- Dance, floor acrobatics and acro-balance in the Yurt by the Koan
4pm – 7pm: Street Performances outside the Koan, featuring:
- Ras King Bobo – African Power Circus/Pan Spinning
- Acrojou – dance circus with a rain-soaked finale. Watch a clip here
- Bruce Airhead – totally original, high energy, family performance. Watch a clip here
- Jesters – tumbling and acrobatics
4pm – 1am: Live Music, featuring:
- 5pm – 6.30pm: Hackney Colliery Band
- 6.30pm – 7.30pm: DJ Cherrystones set in the foyer.
- 7.30pm – 11.10pm Django Django with support from Unknown Mortal Orchestra and Roller Trio.
- 11pm – 1am: DJ Cherrystones set in the foyer.
It’s part of three golden nights of international live music and entertainment for our 50th anniversary, from 21-23 May 2015.
Congratulations to all the Warwick Music Festival ticket winners! Hope you enjoy your chosen act. Remember you can tweet any pictures of the event using the #warwick50.
Shuttle bus and bus services
We'll be providing free shuttle buses between 6pm and 9pm on Friday 22 May from outside Senate House to Canley Rail Station, to help you if you'd like to use public transport to get home.