In response to high levels of staff interest, a new Disabled Staff Network Group has been formed. Anyone who'd like to join is invited to pop along to a brief informal meeting in the Seminar Room in the Library at 11.45am on 9 May to find out more.
If you're interested in joining the group but can't make it on 9 May, email Sandra Beaufoy to find out how you can get involved.
You can find out about this and other Warwick staff network groups - such as the LGBT and Returning Parents groups, on the Equality & Diversity webpages. You can also find out about other proposed new groups, and register your interest. If you've got an idea for a new group, email Sandra Beaufoy with your suggestions.
Why join a staff network group?
As well as offering an opportunity for staff-university engagement, staff networks have a range of other benefits, all of which contribute to a healthy organisational culture, where diversity can be celebrated. Staff network groups:
- provide a networking opportunity
- provide peer support, mentoring, information sharing
- provide a forum for discussing appropriate issues
- of mutual interest
- raise issues in a safe environment
- organise social events
- contribute to staff development activities
- arrange annual events to raise awareness and
- celebrate diversity