The Newton Fund are inviting proposals for grants for the development of research and innovation collaborations between the UK and partner country institutions. Grants are made at the group, departmental or institutional level, as well as the commercial and not-for-profit sector.
Funding available is between £30,000 and £300,000 over two years (depending on the country) and will cover collaborations between the UK and partner country. Grants can cover costs which support research and innovation collaboration, including:
- research-related costs
- the exchange of researchers, students and industry staff (including SMEs and not-for-profit organisations)
- the costs of organising meetings, seminars, training
- other activities to establish and strengthen collaborative links.
The following countries are included in this call: Brazil, Chile (specific call), Colombia, Egypt, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, Vietnam.
Please note there are country specific requirements for each country included in this call and prospective applicants should take this into account when assessing eligibility to apply.
Deadline for applications: 16.00 UK time on Thursday 20 November 2014
Deadline for applications for the Chile-specific CONICYT call: Tuesday 18 November 2014
The broad thematic areas covered by this call include:
- Climate and Environment
- Sustainable energy for all
- Education research and innovation for development
- Economic growth
- Water and sanitation
- Food and nutrition
- Demographic change and migration
- Rural and urban development
- Humanitarian disasters and emergencies, disaster risk reduction
- Resilient and connected communities
- Governance, society and conflict
- Development-related data collection, quality and access
Colleagues interested in submitting a proposal to this call should email or call Sarah Patrick in the International Office Sarah dot Patrick at warwick dot ac dot uk / ext 22647