Pedal On Kenilworth is a community celebration in the form of a walk/cycle ride and Afternoon Tea which will take place on Thursday 29 August 2013 from 3pm – 6pm at the University's Cryfield Pavilion.
The event is a celebration of walking and cycling and in particular the new routes 52 and 523 linking Kenilworth centre with the University of Warwick, Burton Green and Balsall Common, the new bridge over the A429 and the portrait bench on route 52.
The event is aimed at local people and aims to encourage everyone to walk and cycle more and to keep fit and active:
- Fresh Air Mile ride or walk from Abbey Fields, Kenilworth centre to the Pavilion at the University of Warwick, including led rides for novices.
- Afternoon tea at Cryfield Pavilion, University of Warwick
- Free bike hire
- Tuk Tuk rides for those who don’t want to/can’t ride
- Smoothie bike (pedalling smoothie seller)
- Bike repair clinics
- Bike safety demonstrations
- Bike tagging
- Art attack (bike-powered painting fun)
- Bling your bike
- Traditional games such as croquet and hoopla
- Welcoming in ‘The Ride’ at the Pavillon, University of Warwick and along route 52
Pedal On Kenilworth is part of the wider Pedal On UK, taking place over August and September to reignite the spirit of the Olympic and Paralympic torch relays as it travels across the UK. It starts at the Olympic Park in London, groups of volunteers, headed up by celebrities and sports stars, will take Pedal On UK to over 35 communities throughout the UK ending in a final celebration in Glasgow.
Visit the Pedal On Kenilworth website for more information.