Renmin University of China is offering ten undergraduate students the chance to participate in their four-week International Summer School this July. Renmin University is based in Beijing, China’s vibrant capital city.
Renmin International Summer School provides undergraduate students from all over the world with the chance to immerse themselves in Chinese culture, while participating in a comprehensive study programme which offers options including Chinese language, politics, economics, law, and beyond. The programme is an excellent way to enhance your knowledge about a growing world power and to gain an insight in to its workings outside of students’ regular degree programmes.
The programme is open to any non-finalist Warwick undergraduate, of any nationality, regardless of department or course. Students who have already taken part in Study Abroad, or who will be beginning Study Abroad placements from August of 2014 are also eligible to apply.
Renmin Summer School is an exciting opportunity to live in the national capital of China, and puts you in a perfect position to explore China’s national heritage and treasures, which can be traced back more than three millennia.
Further programme details
- Four week programme, usually across July
- No prior knowledge of Chinese language is necessary: only a genuine interest in learning about China and Chinese culture
- Students can apply to stay in halls of residence on the Renmin campus for as little as RMB 35 per night (approximately £3.60)
- A number of cultural excursions around Beijing and beyond are available to interested students as part of the programme
- Tuition fees are waived as part of the Warwick – Renmin ISS exchange, and so £0.00 tuition fee is due to Warwick or Renmin.
Please see the Renmin Summer School page on the Study Abroad website for more information and feedback from previous participants. Even more information is available on the Renmin ISS website, including information about classes available in 2014.
To apply, interested students will need to complete the application form, containing a short essay (300 words maximum) on why they want to participate, and in what way they think that they will benefit from the Renmin Summer School programme. Applications will need to be supported by a reference from an academic tutor who teaches them or knows them well.
The closing date for applications and reference submission for Renmin ISS 2014 is 14 February 2014 at GMT 16.00. If you have any questions, please contact Amy Thompson in the Study Abroad team on exchange at warwick dot ac dot uk, or come along to a Study Abroad drop-in session.