Got an idea for a business with a social conscience? Warwick is a pioneering partner working with the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) and the charity UnLtd to develop and grow social entrepreneurship. We have £47,000 of Awards to fund initiatives. The deadline for applications is Monday 21 January 2013.
Do you have desire or passion to do one of these:
- Bring about social change?
- Find innovative solutions to social challenges communities, wider society and the world itself?
- Do something positive about a social or environmental issue?
Do you have a project idea that:
- Benefits the public or a UK community?
- Has a connection to the University of Warwick?
- Need a Social Enterprise Programme Award from Warwick to ensure success?
- Is trying something new or growing an entrepreneurial solution to a social problem?
Do you qualify because you are:
- Over-16 and living in the uk for the duration of the project?
- A student, staff member or graduated from Warwick in the last 12 months?
- An individual or part of small informal group?
There are two different award levels on offer to access funding:
This award will provide an opportunity for individuals not yet used to managing large sums of money or planning larger projects. The funding will enable individuals to progress at their own pace with the right support to develop confidence and the entrepreneurial skills they will require to, in some cases to take on larger projects.
Length: 3-6 months
Amount: Up to £500
Awards are made to exceptional individuals who have the potential to bring about social change. Generally made at a very early stage when either the person is at the start of their entrepreneurial journey or their venture is in its infancy. The level of the support package required will be assessed through a diagnostic approach.
Length: Typically 12 months, but with flexibility 6-18 months by exception
Amount: Up to £5,000