Students from the University will host the 2013 Warwick Universities Summit on campus this weekend, 9-10 March 2013.
The two-day student-run summit will see student leaders, experts and speakers from across the world come together to discuss the future of higher education.
- Alex Bols, Director of the 1994 Group
- Professor John Holmwood, President of the British Sociological Association, University of Nottingham
- Paul Clark, Director of Policy for Universities UK
- Carl Lygo, CEO of BPP
- Julie Mercer, Head of Education, Deloitte
- Professor Christina Hughes, Pro Vice-Chancellor for Education, University of Warwick
- Professor Abhinay Muthoo, Head of the Economic Department, University of Warwick
- Andrew McGettigan, Educational Journalist, author of ‘The Great University Gamble’
- Louis Coiffait, Director of Research, The Pearson ThinkTank
- Rajay Naik, Director of Government, the Open University
- Sam Jones, Head of Communications, University Alliance
- Daniel Stevens, International Students Officer, NUS
- Toni Pearce, Vice President (Further Education), NUS
- Aldwyn Cooper, Chief Executive and Principal at Regent's College
- Rania Hafez, Senior Lecturer in Education at University of Greenwich
- Lucy Madahar, Head of Careers and Employability, De Montfort University
- Professor Samina Khan, Deputy Director for Undergraduate Admissions, University of Oxford
- Mike Thomson, Aimhigher Area Coordinator at University of Birmingham
- Professor Martin Stringer, Deputy Pro Vice Chancellor, University of Birmingham
- Professor Gary Rolfe, University of Swansea
- Dr Camille Kandiko, King’s College London
Saturday 9 March will feature a range of panels, discussions, individual speaker talks, seminars and fringe events on the theme of the summit, Universities in 2025. Topics include discussions of recent immigration changes, a panel debate on the privatisation of education with and presentations on social mobility and the future of higher education.
Tickets are free and include lunch and a wine reception. Book tickets on the Students’ Union website
The second day of the summit will see a range of student leaders and higher education experts come together to produce a policy document which will be presented to the Global Universities Summit in the summer of 2013, which Warwick is hosting in London. The event will bring together senior university leaders and business executives from across the world to discuss the topic of ‘universities and economic growth’.