CEEHD (Centre for Evidence in Ethnicity, Health and Diversity)
Location within the University:
Medical School Building
Professor Ala Szczepura (co-Director),
Professor Mark Johnson, Mary Seacole Research Centre, De Montfort University, Leicester(co-Director)
Dr. Charlotte Bean, Research Fellow,
Diane Clay, Librarian/Information Scientist,
Dr. Anil Gumber, Senior Research Fellow
Julia Hyde, PA to Professor Szczepura
Dr. Leeza Osipenko, Senior Research Fellow
Anne Shaw, Librarian/Research Associate>
Function/Role of Department:
The aim of CEEHD is to ensure that research evidence contributes more fully to the development of effective and efficient policies and practices in the important area of ethnicity and health.
The Centre provides the Specialist Library for Ethnicity & Health (SLEH) to the NHS Knowledge Service.
Outcomes of many of the Centre’s research projects and links to the Specialist Library can be found on the CEEHD web pages at www.ethnic-health.org.uk.
CEEHD works closely with a wide range of centres of excellence in the UK and elsewhere, including:
- National Library for Health
- De Montfort University – Mary Seacole Research Centre
- Oxford University
- University of Edinburgh
- King’s College, London
- Other individuals and departments at Warwick
SLEH– to provide a Specialist Library for Ethnicity and Health to National Library for Health, NHS
- Ethnicity: colorectal, breast and cervical cancer – to develop primary care based strategies to improve uptake of colorectal cancer screening in hard to reach groups
- Ethnicity: colorectal, breast and cervical cancer screening uptake and outcome patterns corrected for socio-economic status
- Ethnic Cancer Data: to gather robust evidence and identify clear solutions and recommendations to improve the collection of ethnicity data for cancer statistics
UK Mental Health Research Network - Ethnic Inequalities in Mental Health Care Research Group member
United Kingdom Asian Diabetes Study (UKADS) - Evaluation of delivery of enhanced diabetes care to patients of South Asian ethnicity
Equity in kidney transplant allocation: a large-scale study of stakeholders’ views
Health Policy Research Unit – Research network member with a focus on public health and ethnicity
Launch of the Specialist Library for Ethnicity & Health (SLEH) by Patricia Hewitt, Secretary of State for Health, Sir Muir Gray, Director of Knowledge Process and Safety for NHS Connecting for Health, and Surinder Sharma, NHS National Director for Equalities and Diversity.
CEEHD actively encourages partnerships for future projects.