Mike Glover formally started in his new role as Academic Registrar on 1 October 2010. The Academic Registrar’s Office includes Research Support Services, the International Office, Planning and Management Information, Student Admissions and Recruitment and the Academic Office.
The Academic Registrar is also Secretary to the Academic Resourcing Committee (ARC).
The Academic Registrar's Office plays a critical role in supporting the University’s strategy by:
- supporting academic departments in seeking to recruit and select the best students irrespective of their personal circumstances
- helping to provide a world class student experience
- supporting the internationalisation of the University and its student body
- facilitating research activity
- providing management information to support decision making
- providing support for the academic resource allocation process through the Academic Resourcing Committee (ARC)
Mike said: "I am very fortunate to be taking on the role of Academic Registrar as successor to Nicola Owen. We are going through a period of significant uncertainty and change in the Higher Education Sector; I believe that the professionalism and dedication of the staff in the Academic Registrar's Office will ensure that we continue to support our academic departments through what will be challenging times. I look forward to working with colleagues across the Institution."
Registrar Jon Baldwin said: "It’s a pleasure to welcome Mike as a member of the senior officer team. We’re fortunate to have him in this role as we take on the challenges and embrace the opportunities that the future presents."
Mike will continue to provide support to the Medical School until his successor is appointed.