Congratulations go to Professor Michael Luntley, Chair of the Department of Philosophy, on his election to the post of Chair of the Faculty Board of Social Sciences.
The position became vacant as a result of Professor Audrey Mullender, the former Faculty Chair, taking secondment from Warwick and accepting the role of Principal of Ruskin College, Oxford.
In accordance with University Regulation 2.3, the Board of Social Sciences was asked to elect a Chair for the academic year 2004-05 by holding a secret ballot. Professor Luntley was elected.
Professor Luntley will hold the post for the period of 1 April 2004 to the end of the 2004-05 academic year.
The Chairs of the Faculty Boards and the Chair of the Board of Graduate Studies are part-time elected positions with no specific limit on their term of office but a three-year period for the Faculty Chairs is considered the norm. The exception to this is the Board of the Faculty of Medicine where the Dean of the Leicester Warwick Medical Schools is an ex officio member and chair of the Faculty Board. They each chair their respective Boards and are the representatives of the Boards on various University committees:
- Chair of the Board of the Faculty of Arts - Professor Tony McFarlane
- Chair of the Board of the Faculty of Medicine - Professor Ian Lauder
- Chair of the Board of the Faculty of Science - Professor Andrew Easton
- Chair of the Board of the Faculty of Social Studies - Professor Michael Luntley
- Chair of the Board of Graduate Studies - Professor Malcolm McCrae
Click here to visit Michael Luntley’s homepage