The Warwick Diabetes Care recently organised a fundraising raffle towards a garden makeover to cheer up their colleague, Michela Price Marlow, who has been diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, a form of cancer.
The raffle was a success and they managed to raise a total of £1629.
Tickets were only £1.
And the winners are...
- Julie C (WDC) – A weekend for 2 in a UK Menzies Hotel courtesy of Senior International Travel
- Jenny (WDC) –A year’s membership of the University Sports Centre Fitness Scheme
- Tracy – Warwick Arts Centre Film Tickets
- Tilly Harrison – Cut and blow-dry at Paul Hennessey Hair
- Caroline – Meal Voucher for two at EAT Restaurant
- Michael – Michelin Tyres picnic hamper rucksack
- Allison Cooper (Engineering)– Gift Pack courtesy of Warwick Retail
- Ursula - £10 Tesco Voucher
- Michelle (WDC) – SOZO Gift
- Loz – SOZO Gift
- Huw Edwards (Engineering) – SOZO Gift.
About Hodkin's Lymphoma
Hodgkin's Disease or Hodgkin's Lymphoma is a malignant (cancerous) growth of cells in the lymph system. The lymphatic system is part of the body's immune system, which helps the body fight disease and infection. It includes a network of thin tubes that branch, like blood vessels, into tissues throughout the body.
In Hodgkin's disease cells in the lymphatic system become abnormal. They divide too rapidly and grow without any order or control. Because lymphatic tissue is present in many parts of the body, Hodgkin's disease can start almost anywhere in the body.