The Women's Institute (WI) was formed in 1915 to revitalise rural communities and encourage women to become more involved in producing food during the First World War. Since then the organisation's aims have broadened and the WI is now the largest voluntary women's organisation in the UK. The WI celebrated its centenary in 2015 and currently has 212,000 members in around 6,600 WIs.
We hope that forming a group here at Warwick will create a new opportunity for ladies to meet new friends in a non-work environment, socialise, learn new skills and have fun as well as work together to achieve success in fundraising activities and raising awareness on issues that matter to us and the local community.
Come along and see what we are getting excited about – and be prepared to be surprised if you think you know what a WI meeting is like!
We meet on the first Wednesday of each month at 5.15pm for a 5.30pm start - details as below:
|1 June 2022||The Biology of Alzheimer's Disease
||CMR1.0, University House|
|6 July 2022||TBC||TBC|
Find Us: Uni House
The CMR rooms are in University House at the edge of campus - find it on our campus map.
There is parking in Kirby Corner Car Park, or Car Park 401 (Westwood) for non staff members. Find out more about visitor parking.
Find Us: Cryfield Barn
Cryfield Barn is on Leighfield Road, near to the Cryfield Sports PavilionLink opens in a new window on the opposite side of the road. Take the left turn as you approach the Barn, and there is free parking.
Find Us: Oculus
The Oculus Building is in the centre of campus - find it on our campus mapLink opens in a new window.
There is parking available opposite Junction in Car Parks 201 and 202. Find out more about visitor parking.
Keep in Touch
- Subscribe to our monthly email by emailing us on womenwarwickwi at gmail dot com
- Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/warwickwowLink opens in a new window
- Choose to be notified when changes are made to this page by clicking "Notify" at the top right of this page.
womenwarwickwi at gmail dot com
- Any woman (aged 18 or over, as per WI regulations) can join from within the Warwick community (staff, students, nearby residents or staff relations)
- Annual subscription for 2021 is £44.00 payable by cash, cheque or direct bank transfer (details of which can be obtained by sending an email to the above address). This entitles you to ten meetings throughout the year and the bi-monthly magazine.
- Visitors/guests can attend a maximum of one meeting per annum before subscribing. A donation would be welcomed.
2021 Subscription Fees
April 2021 - March 2022: £44.00
July 2021 - March 2022: £33.00
October 2021 - March 2022: £22.00
January 2022 - March 2022: £11.00