For the first time in its history, Warwick’s Students’ Union has been listed as a finalist in the annual NUS Awards. The annual awards, which compare Students’ Unions across the country, are fiercely contested and this year Warwick SU is in the top three unions in the entire country within the Participation Award category.
Highlights this year include:
- Record society and sports club memberships
- More clubs and societies than any other University in the UK
- Record turnout in all elections and referenda
- A world class and nationally renowned SSLC system
- Numerous fundraising initiatives
- Widening participation activities for the first ever time
- A fantastic Student Advice Centre
Stuart Thomson, SU President, said: "We are in the top three for one reason; the incredible efforts of our members. Once again this year has shown that Warwick students are truly unique and always go the extra mile. Anyone who is involved in the Union, from members of clubs and societies, SSLC reps, right through to people who simply remembered to vote - thank you and well done."