Author: Annamaria Pinter
ISBN: ISBN-10: 0-19-442207-0/ ISBN-13: 978-0-19-442207-9
Publisher: Oxford University PressPrice: £14.95
This comprehensive guide combines up-to-date research with principles of classroom practice. It provides an accessible overview of the issues surrounding the teaching of young learners, covering skills, vocabulary and grammar, learning to learn, adapting and designing materials, planning and assessment, policy decisions, and research.
- Integrates theory and practice in an accessible way, filling a gap between theoretical books and resource books.
- Provides information on background issues as well as classroom techniques, with an emphasis on practical advice and guidance.
- Clear examples, tasks, and recommended further reading.
- Illustrates the differences between teaching different age groups.
- Suggests ways to undertake small-scale action research in primary language classrooms.
- Recommended for training courses and Diploma/MA courses, and suitable for practising teachers.