Born 1925, London. Died 1997.
Alistair Grant studied at Birmingham College of Art from 1941-43 before joining the RAF. From 1947-51 he studied at the Royal College of Art in London, where he subsequently taught printmaking from 1955. He became head of department in 1970, professor in 1984 and retired in 1990.
Grant exhibited throughout the 1970s and in 1984 had a show at the Graffiti Gallery, London. He was a member of the Printmakers Council and his work is included in the British Council Collection, Victoria and Albert Museum and Ferens Art Gallery, Hull.