Born 1927. Died 2000.
Joanna Constantinidis trained at Sheffield College of Art between 1945-49 and then established a studio in Essex in 1950. In 1951 she became lecturer in ceramics at Essex Institute of Higher Education in Chelmsford. She remained there until she took early retirement in 1989 in order to devote more time to making her own work. Like Hans Coper, she concentrated on thrown forms which she then altered. In 1978 she was awarded the Medal of Honour at the international exhibition of ceramic art at Faenza. Her work is in public collections throughout Britain including the Crafts Council Collection and the Victoria and Albert Museum in London.