Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Variable Monthly Staff

The forms found below are to be used and submitted to the Payroll team in HR for variable/temporary workers being paid via the variable monthly (VAM) payroll. There are forms to request payments for individuals, along with leaver forms for when individuals will not be carrying out further temporary work for the University (at least in the next six months).

Please note, before submitting any request to pay a variable/temporary worker, you must ensure that a Request to engage a temporary/occasional worker form (see link on right) has been submitted to the HR Administration team in Shared Services. This form must be submitted regardless of the length of the assignment. It will not be possible for Payroll to process payments where HR Administration has not received and processed this form.

Further information about variable/temporary work, along with details and copies of the supporting documentation that you may need to submit to HR Administration with the request to engage form, can be found on the non-employment arrangements webpages here.

The individual will be issued with an assignment agreement by HR Administration if their assignment lasts four weeks or more.


Payment request and expenses forms

Timesheet (non-academic, hourly paid work) (Revised Mar 2016)

Payment request form (Word Document) (for other assignments) (Amended July 2016)

Instructions on how to calculate holiday pay (Word Document)

Expenses request form(Excel Spreadsheet) (Amended 2017)

Leaver forms

Leavers form (Revised Feb 2009)



Quick links

Variable/temporary work - further details and HR Administration forms

When accessing some of our forms you may be redirected to Office 365. If this is the case please enter your University email address in the following format and hit enter (you do not need to put in your password at this stage).