Making an Impact in CVs and Written Applications
If you have not applied for a new role in a long time, your CV and supporting documents will need a refresh to make you a compelling candidate. This session will give you immediate, actionable advice so you when the next fascinating role comes up, you are ready to apply! This session is for you if:
- You have not updated your CV in a long time and are worried about asking for advice
- You are interested in research roles or alternative careers outside academia and need help to convince a new employer of your knowledge, skills and attributes
- You look at application forms and wonder how to craft your best evidence to make it fit the form
- You are put off by long job descriptions and wonder if it’s worth your time and effort
Who should attend?
University of Warwick Research Active Staff (staff on Research-focused, Teaching-focused and Research and Teaching contracts).
Leadership and Management Development do not accept applications from PGRs. PGRs should refer to the Research Development at the Doctoral College.
Workshop enables participants to:
- Select and communicate appropriate evidence for application forms, CVs and covering letters.
- Explain critical points in recruitment process.
Any pre-work will be e-mailed or added to the Teams channel for the delegates prior to the workshop.
Research Career 5 Series Workshops
How to Manage your Career (Workshop 1)
Enhancing your Employability (Workshop 2)
Finding a Career that Fits You (Workshop 3)
Making an Impact in Interviews (Workshop 5)
To be informed when new dates are released please sign up to our Mailing List