This workshop covers what is IP, how to develop your research commercially, spin outs, social enterprises, licensing, proof of concept and translational funding opportunities.
Who should attend?
University of Warwick Research Active Staff (staff on Research-focussed, Teaching-focussed and Research and Teaching contracts).
Workshop enables participants to:
- Understand how their research can be applied practically.
- Understand what external partners might be interested.
- Understand how to network with commercial partners.
- Understand how to apply your research ideas in the wider world.
- Understand essential things to consider before embarking on a commercial enterprise.
- Develop a prototype.
- Understand how to undertake market research.
Any pre-work will be emailed to participants prior to the workshop.