Take in the view
Young and old. Beginner and elite. Individuals and groups.
Get your feet off the ground with roped climbing, bouldering and speed climbing. You don't need experience, equipment or even a climbing partner.
- 706 sqm of climbable surface, up to 15m high
- 144 wall routes that are regularly changing
- Large 296 sqm bouldering area
- Two 15 metre speed walls
- Auto-belays so you can clip on and climb
A wall for all abilities
New routes set every week.
Stretching up to 15 metres high with a five metre overhang, our walls are an impressive sight.
Filled with a huge variety of shapes, textures and overhangs, climbers of all levels will be able to enjoy the journey to the top. And our expert route-setters regularly create new climbs so you’ll never get bored.
- 15 metre high point with overhangs of up to 6 metres.
- 3 auto belays.
- High quality routes ranging from Grade 3 to 8a.
- Technical slabs, bridging routes and powerful overhands, pockets and cracks.
Get a grip on our bouldering wall
Climb without ropes in a large open plan bouldering area.
Bouldering is a great way to improve your balance, co-ordination and flexibility.
Even little climbers aged four and upwards can enjoy the fun of bouldering. Climb as a family or hire the facility for a unique birthday celebration.
- 296 sqm of bouldering area for all abilities with beginner routes through to climbing pros.
- Climb up to five metres high without ropes - crash mats cover the floor for protection.
- Roughly 100 problems to overcome.
- Training area and bouldering boards.
Looking to boulder? Make sure to watch our bouldering induction video.
Race your way to the top
Climbing speed walls
Is going fast more your thing? Test your skills and endurance as you race to the top of our two 15 metre speed climbing walls.
Come and experience this emerging way to climb that will feature in the Tokyo 2021 Olympic Games.
|Adult Pay & Play||£9.50||£6.50|
|Junior Pay & Play (Under 18 years old)||£6.50||£6.00|
There is an annual £6.00 per year registration fee for all climbers. This enables you to:
- Benefit from continued investment in new holds
- Enjoy a comprehensive schedule of route setting using both external and internal setters
- Access climbing bookings online
|Monday - Tuesday||9.15am - 10.00pm|
|Wednesday||7.30am - 10.00pm|
|Thursday - Friday||9.15am - 10.00pm|
|Saturday - Sunday||8.00am - 8.00pm|
|Monday - Friday||4.00pm - 10.00pm|
|Saturday - Sunday||8.00am - 5.00pm|
Located in Coventry at the Sports & Wellness Hub, University of Warwick campus, CV4 7EU.
Stay up to date
Route resets, closures and general notices. Join the official Warwick Sport Climbing Facebook group.
Beginner or pro, all climbers need to complete a registration form before being able to climb in the Sports & Wellness Hub Climbing Centre.
- Register for a free account with Warwick Sport.
- Read and understand the Conditions of Use and Rules.
- Complete a climbing registration form.
- Under 18s must have the parental consent registration form completed before using the Climbing Centre.
- Complete a floor walk induction. There is a £6 registration fee.
- Watch our bouldering induction video.
Climbing or Inclusive members
Once you’ve completed the registration process, you are ready to climb. Climbing members can climb peak and off peak hours. Inclusive members can climb during off peak hours.
Other Warwick Sport membership and Pay & Play
Once you’ve completed the registration process, you will pay the peak or off peak climbing price each time you climb.
Ways to climb
With different routes to reach the top, we want everyone to be able to experience the climb.
Get in touch to book
Email climbing at warwick dot ac dot uk
Take our induction and pass to receive your Green Card. You'll now be able to use the climbing centre independently.
- 2x 1.5 hours session
- Trained, friendly instructors
£90.00 for two people
Taster sessions are perfect if you've never climbed an on indoor wall. Suitable for both adults and children.
£34.00 one person
£44.00 two person
£54.00 three person
£64.00 four person
- Get a personal learning experience
- Expert advice to develop your movement skills
- Hour sessions, with longer times available by booking
£34.00 per hour
- 4x one hour sessions over four weeks
- Suitable for all abilities
- Learn the basics or develop new techniques
- Flexible course dates
£42.00 per course
Group auto belay
- Self belaying devices that automatically lower you to the ground
- Group sessions for four people
£24.00 one hour session
Bear Cubs & squad
Get your young climbers on the wall with instructor-led weekly sessions.
Inclusive access to the Climbing Centre for 5-17 year old.
Join the Climbing Centre
£34.00 per month*
Climbing** Gym Fitness Classes Swim Tennis Badminton & squash
Only £49.50 per month
Only £20.00 per month
*additional £6 registration fee required **off peak hours only