6-a-side Volleyball League Rules
How the league works
- Sunday in the Sports Hub. Game 1 will be from 9.15am-10.30am. Game 2 will be from 10.45am - 12.00pm.
- Before each match begins, there will be a 15-minute grace period to allow players to warm up on court. We advise that players arrive on court 15mins before their game in their volleyball attire to avoid delays. Further warm ups can be conducted off court before the grace period at the discretion of the team captain and Warwick Sport.
- Best of 3 sets (Standard volleyball scoring rules apply). Points will be awarded as follows:
- 3 points for a 2-0 victory.
- 2 points for a 2-1 victory.
- 1 point for a 2-1 loss.
- 0 points for a 2-0 loss.
- The winner will be decided at the end of term based on total points. In the event of a tie the following metrics will be used: Set difference, Total sets won, Best of 3 match.
- If a team fails to show up with at least 4 players, they will be required to forfeit the match resulting in a 2-0 Loss.
- The squad may consist of between 4 and 10 players, with 4 players forming a team for each match.
- Once the team captain has paid/registered the team, all other team members are required to sign up. The captain will be emailed about this process after registering their team.
- All players are expected to register their participation to enable Warwick Sport to follow Government guidance on and Covid-19 policies including track and trace.
- Teams with unregistered players may potentially be removed from the league. Random spot checks will take place throughout the league to ensure all participants are registered.
- Each team is restricted to one first team university team player or two second/ third team players.
Special league rules
- There can only be a maximum of 4 male UWVC ex/current players within a rotation.
- The team’s players for each set must contain at least 1 different player compared to the previous set.
- Liberos/Defensive Specialists can be in rotation following the official volleyball rules.
- League refunds will only be issued if Warwick Sport are required to cancel the league for any reason such as another Lockdown occurring whereby it will be impossible to complete the league.
- Should Warwick Sport be required to cancel the league for any reason, a refund will be issued on a pro rata basis (amount allocated to each scheduled game) and NOT the initial fee paid upon entry into the league.
- Refunds will not be issued for teams failing to attend fixtures at any point during the time allocated for the league.
- Where possible and as long as enough notice (72+ hours) is provided to the league organiser and Warwick Sport will reschedule the fixture for a date and time during the same term. It is the team’s responsibility to turn up and attend the rescheduled game.
- Warwick Sport will not refund any teams who fail to turn up to rescheduled games.
- Given the expected number of participants this term, we are conducting the league with a minimum of 4 teams of around 8-10 people. It is the responsibility of the captains to ensure that the league is an inclusive experience. If you feel like you are not being included in the team, please message the Organiser.
- Should a team, or players from a team, indulge in any actions that are deemed by the organisers to be detrimental to the good spirit of the league, then the organisers are entitled to take whatever action is deemed appropriate. This may include, but is not limited to, suspension of players, loss of points or exclusion from the competition. Such penalties are subject to the approval of the League Organiser, whose decision is final.
If you have any questions on the league contact warwickactive at warwick dot ac dot uk.
Good luck and enjoy everyone.