The League is organised and delivered by Warwick Sport in partnership with the University of Warwick Volleyball Club. The League will be managed by the Warwick Sport Sports Engagement Officer. This Engagement Officer and the Higher Education Volleyball Officer will have the final say on all matters of the league.
- The Warwick Sports Engagement Officer is Eugene DeVille
- The League Organiser this year is Jake Fernandes.
2. Matches and Results
The match will be played to the best out of 3 sets (first to 2 sets wins). Sets one and two will be played to 25 points with rally scoring, and the team must win by two clear points. There is a cap of 30 points, meaning a team could win 30-29. Set three would be played to 15 points with rally scoring, and must be won by two clear points.
Games will be officiated by the Higher Education Volleyball Officer (Jake Fernandes) or a delegated Activator. Games will played between 9:00am-12:30pm on Sundays in Zone C of the Sports Hub.
All results must be sent to Eugene DeVille eugene dot deville at warwick dot ac dot uk, and points will be allocated for a win.
Squads can be made up of 10 players.
All fixtures will be arranged and released at the start of the league and are available to see on the Top Tournament webpage. Any fixture changes must be organised and agreed between the two team captains before making the Higher Education Volleyball Officer (Jake Fernandes) and the Sports Engagement Officer (Eugene DeVille) aware of the changes.
The Volleyball Activator is responsible for entering the match results. The system to be used will be confirmed in advance to the league starting.
6. League Position
League position shall be decided upon:
- Total League Points obtained
- Points difference
- Matches won
- Head to head record between the two teams tied.
7. League Points system
- 3 points will be allocated for a 2-0 win.
- 2 points will be allocated for a 2-1 victory.
- 1 point will be awarded for a 2-1 loss.
- 0 will points will be allocated to a team losing 2-0.
8. General Volleyball Rules
- A rally scoring system will be used.
- A match is played over the best of 3 sets (first to 3) with each set being the first to 25 points.
- A Set must be won by two clear points (Cap of 30 in first two sets)
- Each team has a maximum of 3 touches.
- Each team will rotate in a clockwise position upon winning the serve back off the opposition.
Disputes shall be put to the League organizer and resolved. The league organiser’s decision is final.
Any cancellations, queries or disputes are to be sent to Eugene DeVille Sports Engagement Officer Eugene dot deville at warwick dot ac dot uk.
Should a team, or players from a team, indulge in any actions that are deemed by the organisers to be detrimental to the good spirit of the league, then the organisers are entitled to take whatever action is deemed appropriate. This may include, but is not limited to, suspension of players, loss of points or exclusion from the competition. Such penalties are subject to the approval of the League Organiser, whose decision is final.
Prior to leaving your house to take part in the league, all individuals should go through a process of self-screening on a match to match basis. Please check that you:
- Do not have symptoms of a high temperature (feeling hot, feeling cold, shivers and/or feeling under the weather).
- Do not have a new or persistent cough.
- You do not have a loss of taste or smell.
- You have not been in contact with a person with suspected Covid-19 within the past 14 days.
- You have not been advised to self-isolate due to a third party from another setting (i.e. school) that has been infected with Covid-19. No one within your household has Covid-19 symptoms as outlined above, which would require the whole household to go into isolation as guided by the UK Government.
- You have not returned from a foreign country in the last 14 days that the UK Government requires people to quarantine on return – A non-travel bridge as defined by the UK Government.
Once you have successfully gone through the process of self-screening and are able to compete, we ask that you:
- Arrive at the venue ready to compete. This to avoid congregating in the changing rooms.
- Maintain social distancing whilst entering the venue.
- Follow the one way system that is currently in place at The Sports Hub.
- Wash their hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
During the Game, we ask that you:
- Maintain social distancing where possible, especially when the ball is out of play.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid congratulatory touches e.g. high 5’s
- Sanitise your hands at each break in play e.g. during time-outs, between each set and match.
- An extra timeout will be allocated at 15 points in each set for an addiontal sanitising break.
After your game has finished we ask that you:
- Sanitise your hands.
- Leave the venue maintaining social distancing and following the Sports Hub one way system.
If you have any questions on the league contact eugene dot deville at warwick dot ac dot uk.
Good luck and enjoy everyone.