How to participate
Choose your ability level.
Enter online as an individual or as part of a team.
Get out there and run, walk and cycle.
Record all your activity.
- Around the Block
People who are mostly new to, or don't regularly run or cycle. Up to 1 in 4 members of your team can identify as Around the Block level.
- Around the World
For mostly experienced runners or cyclists who train regularly.
- Top ATW team
- Top ATB team
- Top male and female overall
- Top male and female runner
- Top male and female cyclist
- Best effort
|Number of points|
|Run or walk 1km||1|
|Run/walk and cycle at some point during the challenge. This does not have to be in one go.||5|
Recording your activity
- Team captains that have registered will need to provide their team members with the team identifier and team pin, which will be sent directly to the team captain once registered.
- All team members must register on the Tri Grid website to log your activities (you will need your team identifier and pin to do this).
- You will need to use Strava for the challenge.
- Treadmill runs and indoor cycles can manually be added to Strava and all activity will be pulled through the challenge website.
- Full joining instructions will be sent to all who are taking part.
Frequently asked questions
When does the challenge start and finish?
The challenge starts at 00.01am on Monday 1 February 2021 and officially finishes at 11.59pm on Sunday 14 February 2021.
What activity can I submit?
- Running includes walking and jogging, indoors and outdoors.
- Cycling includes outdoor and indoor cycling (as long as distance is tracked).
Tracked walks will still count in the running challenge.
Individual walks and runs must be submitted rather than daily activity totals from smartwatches or phones.
Does exercise as part of another activity count?
The purpose of the activity must be to run, walk or cycle. Any of these that happen as part of another sport, for example running around a football pitch, does not count.
Are there prizes?
Yes! Team prizes are awarded for the top scoring Around the World and Around the Block teams. Individual prizes are awarded for the top scoring male and female in the following categories: Overall, Runner, Cyclist. There is also a Best Effort Award.
Please note: this challenge is about encouraging people to get active. Any action deemed against the spirit of this challenge may result in disqualification. Please be aware of your own and others' safety when taking part in the challenge. When near roads, please wear suitable and visible clothing and footwear.