Track how far you run/walk, swim and cycle over two weeks to earn points and win prizes.
- Enter as an individual or a team
- Free to participate, no membership needed
- Challenge yourself, get active and have fun
- For exercise enthusiasts or those just needing a bit of motivation
Date | Location | Cost
|Start date||End date||Location||Cost|
|TRI-Grid Challenge||Monday 17 February 2020||Sunday 1 March 2020||Anywhere||FREE|
Want to know more?
If you have a question or want to know more about this event, please get in touch.
Contact warwickactive at warwick dot ac dot uk
Contact +44 (0)24 7652 3011
How to participate
- Choose your ability level
- Enter online as an individual or a team
- Get out there and run/walk, cycle and swim
- Record all your activity
- Around the Block
People who are mostly new to, or don't regularly run, swim or cycle. Up to 1 in 4 members of your team can identify as Around the World level.
- Around the World
For mostly experienced runners, swimmers or cyclists who train regularly.
Recording your activity
- Register on the Tri Grid website to log your activities.
- You will need to use Strava for the challenge.
- Treadmill runs, indoor cycles and swims can manually be added to Strava and all activity will be pulled through the challenge website.
- Team captains will need to create a team and provide their team members with the Team Identifier and Team Pin.
- Full joining instructions will be sent to all who are taking part.
Group run & walk
Earn 10 bonus points by joining us for a group run.
Please note you will only get bonus points for attending one of these.
|Tuesday 18 February 2020||17:15-18:00||Piazza|
|Monday 24 February 2020||12:30-13:00||Piazza|
Scoring pointsNumber of points
|Run or walk 1km||1|
|Run/walk, swim and cycle at some point during the challenge. This does not have to be in one go.||5|
|Attend a group run
Points only awarded once during the challenge.
- Top ATW team
- Top ATB team
- Top male and female overall
- Top male and female runner
- Top male and female cyclist
- Top male and female swimmer
- Best effort
Frequently asked questions
Get the answers to the most frequently asked questions about the TRI-Grid Challenge.
When does the challenge start and finish?
The challenge starts at 00.01am on Monday 17 February 2020 and officially finishes at 23:59pm on Sunday 1 March 2020.
What activity can I submit?
- Running includes walking and jogging, indoors and outdoors.
- Cycling includes outdoor and indoor cycling (as long as distance is tracked).
- Swimming includes swimming indoors and outdoors.
Tracked walks will still count in the running challenge.
Individual walks and runs must be submitted rather than daily activity totals from smartwatches or phones.
Does exercise as part of another activity count?
The purpose of the activity must be to run/walk, swim or cycle. Any of these that happen as part of another sport, for example running around a football pitch, does not count.
Are there prizes?
Yes! Team prizes are awarded for the top scoring Around the World and Around the Block teams. Individual prizes are awarded for the top scoring male and female in the following categories: Overall, Runner, Cyclist, Swimmer. There is also a Best Effort Award.
Please note: this challenge is about encouraging all people to get active. Any action deemed against this inclusive ethos may result in disqualification. Please be conscious of your own and others' safety when taking part in the challenge. Adhere to the Green Cross Code when near roads and wear suitable and visible clothing and footwear.