Warwick Part-Time Fee Waiver (PTFW)
From the academic year of 2012-13, the University has offered eligible part-time students a Part-Time Fee Waiver (PTFW):
- Eligible students who started their part-time course in the academic year 2017-18 or later, and who are charged tuition fees at £1,540 per 30-credit module, can receive a PTFW of £770 per 30-credit module (pro-rated for modules of less than 30 credits).
- Eligible students who started their part-time course between the 2012-13 and 2016-2017 academic years, and who are charged tuition fees at £1,500 per 30-credit module, can receive a PTFW of £750 per 30-credit module (pro-rated for modules of less than 30 credits).
To be eligible for a PTFW you must:
- Be studying for your first undergraduate degree.
- Be in receipt of a Tuition Fee Loan from the UK Government.
- Not be entitled to any other statutory fee support in the form of either a grant or fee waiver for your course.
To be eligible for a PTFW you must ALSO:
Be (or your partner/spouse/civil partner) in receipt of one or more of the following UK Government Means-tested Benefits:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers’ Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax Reduction
- Working Tax Credit
- Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
The Application Process
Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year will open in October 2023 and will be available from this webpage.
- The application is completed online (including evidence submission).
- You will need to submit evidence of your Tuition Fee Loan entitlement for the 2023-24 academic year.
- You will need to submit evidence to show that you (or your partner/spouse/civil partner) will be receiving one of the above-listed UK Government Means-tested benefits in the 2023-24 academic year.
- All evidence will need to be clearly dated, relevant to the academic year for which you are applying for a PTFW and clearly show your name.
- Please note, we cannot accept retrospective applications for previous academic years.
Successful applicants for the academic year 2023-24 will be notified from November 2023 (or within 10 working days if their application is submitted after November).
If you qualify for PTFW, your award will be credited directly towards your tuition fee charge. The University will notify Student Finance England who will reduce your Tuition Fee Loan by the value of your fee waiver award.
- Even if you think you will receive this PTFW and intend to take out a Tuition Fee Loan to cover the remaining balance, you should still take the full amount of the Tuition Fee Loan as PTFW applications are not processed until after your first Tuition Fee payment will be due.
You must apply for the fee waiver every year of your course.
Fee waiver awards for subsequent years of your study may be adjusted in line with any increase applied to tuition fees and will depend on your continued eligibility for the scheme.
If you have any queries about the Warwick PTFW, please contact Student Funding Support:
- 024 7615 0096