You will be eligible to apply for a Tier 4 visa if you can claim the 40 points required under this tier.
40 points are allocated as follows:
- 30 points for having a valid Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from a Tier 4 sponsor
- 10 points for having enough money to cover course fees and monthly living costs, also known as maintenance or funds.
Please refer to our English language Test and Certificate section for more information about English language requirements for admission and Tier 4 visa application.
If you have received your CAS, the information contained in your CAS must be read in conjunction with the information below:
- CAS - what it is, how to request one, how to read the information in your CAS and use them in your Tier 4 visa application;
- How to complete your Tier 4 visa application form online (when you receive your CAS) and what kind of supporting documents you need to submit with your visa application- depending on where you submit your visa application, click 'Applying inside the UK (Leave to Remain)' or 'Applying overseas (Entry Clearance) to access this information
- How to prepare if you are invited to attend an interview as part of your visa application process (known as Credibility Interview)
- What happens after your Tier 4 visa is granted (check your visa for errors, and preparing for Travelling to the UK)
You cannot apply for a TIER 4 visa to attend your graduation ceremony, neither can you extend your current TIER 4 just to attend the graduation ceremony.
The TIER 4 visa is granted to cover the period of studies (the course end date) and the UKVI does not consider the graduation ceremony as a study period.
If your TIER 4 visa is going to expire before the graduation ceremony and you are not going to switch into another visa category, such as work/ spouse visa etc, then you will have to return back home and apply for a standard visit visa.
For students on a Postgraduate Master's degree which is less than 13 months long
For those applying under the 'Differentiation Arrangements'
How to prepare funds for your Tier 4 application