To successfully apply for a visa under the Student Route (previously known as Tier 4 Student Visa), you must meet the application requirements:
- You can claim all the points required for this route
- You must also meet the English Language requirements
- You must meet the Financial Evidence requirements
- You must meet the ATAS requirement, if applicable to your course
- You must not be subject to refusal under general grounds (for example, declared previous refusals/criminal records etc.)
You can find answers to most of the queries in relation to a Student Route visa application on these pages.
Please ensure you read all the guidance provided below before contacting us.
You cannot apply for or extend your student visa just to attend your graduation ceremony.
Please see the Graduation Portal for information on the Graduation Ceremony, as well as information regarding re-entering the UK and the visa requirements.
If you have received your CAS, the information contained in your CAS must be read in conjunction with the information below:
- CAS - what it is, how to request one, how to have your CAS updated with course fees paid, and how/when to use them
- How to complete your visa application form online (when you receive your CAS) and what kind of supporting documents you need to submit/ upload with your visa application- depending on where you submit your visa application, click 'Applying inside the UK (Permission to stay)' or 'Applying overseas (Permission to enter)
- How to prepare if you are invited to attend an interview as part of your visa application process (known as Credibility Interview)
- What happens after your Student Visa is granted (check your visa for errors, and preparing for Travelling to the UK)