To successfully apply for a Tier 4 Visa, you must meet the application requirements:
- You will be eligible to apply for a Tier 4 visa if you can claim the 40 points required under this tier.
- 30 points for having a valid Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from a Tier 4 sponsor
- 10 points for having enough money to cover course fees and monthly living costs, also known as maintenance or funds
- You must also meet the English Language requirements
- You must meet the Financial Evidence requirements
- You must meet the ATAS requirement, if applicable to your course
- You must not fall for refusal under the general ground (for example, declared previous refusals/criminal records etc.)
You can find answer to most of the queries in relation to a Tier 4 visa application on these pages.
Please ensure you read all the guidance provided below before contacting us.
You cannot apply for or extend a Tier 4 visa just to attend your graduation ceremony.
Please see the Graduation Portal for information on the Graduation Ceremony, as well as information regarding re-entering the UK and the visa requirements.
If you have received your CAS, the information contained in your CAS must be read in conjunction with the information below:
- CAS - what it is, how to request one, how to have your CAS updated with course fees paid, and how/when to use them
- How to complete your Tier 4 visa application form online (when you receive your CAS) and what kind of supporting documents you need to submit/ upload with your visa application- depending on where you submit your visa application, click 'Applying inside the UK (Leave to Remain)' or 'Applying overseas (Entry Clearance)
- How to prepare if you are invited to attend an interview as part of your visa application process (known as Credibility Interview)
- What happens after your Tier 4 visa is granted (check your visa for errors, and preparing for Travelling to the UK)