Warwick has a world-class campus with outstanding teaching and learning spaces, a 24 hour library, Arts Centre (which has just undergone a £25.5 million transformation) and cinema, sports and wellness hub, restaurants and cafes and many green spaces including lakes, woodland and open fields.
On your first full day we will take you on a tour of the campus to help you familiarise yourself.
University of Warwick Campus
The University of Warwick is right in the centre of England, easy to reach by rail, car or plane from all parts of the UK and abroad. Ideally located on the border of the West Midlands and Warwickshire, providing easy access to the major cities of Coventry and Birmingham, and the beautiful historic towns of Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwick, Kenilworth and Royal Leamington Spa.
Want to make the most of your Summer? The campus is located three miles from Coventry City centre (UK City of Culture 2021) and is set in nearly 300 hectares of natural countryside with lakes, woods and beautifully tended gardens in which you can relax and escape from the buzz of campus.
If you want to explore the area before or after the summer school, there are a variety of interesting places nearby, from Birmingham's busy shopping and entertainment areas to the cultural heritage of Stratford, home to the Royal Shakespeare Company. The nearest airport is Birmingham International but Coventry is also only one hour away from London Euston Train Station.
Only if you try living for 10 days in a university world, you can understand your passions and be responsible for your future choices!- Carlo Novello, Pre University Summer School Alumni
Accommodation and Catering at Warwick
At the Summer School, whilst at Warwick, all students will be accommodated on campus in single sex flats on a fully catered basis in our halls of residence, Sherbourne Halls, for nine nights.
- Single study bedrooms with bedding provided
- Wi-Fi and a network connection point
- Tea and Coffee making facilities
- Hairdryer, towels and toiletries included
- En-suite bathroom
- Includes toilet, washbasin and shower
- Some rooms include level access bathrooms
- Shared kitchen for up to 13 students
- Cooker, fridge and freezer
- Microwave, toaster and kettle
- Ironing board
- Cupboard space
Sports and Wellness Hub
- You will have free access to our sports centre, gym and swimming pool throughout your summer school experience
- Your summer school programme is fully catered. When social events are not taking place, all students will eat in our on campus restaurant
- All refreshments are included in the Halls of Residence at Warwick and are also delivered each day during teaching sessions
Accommodation and Catering in London
We will stay in central London for one night as part of the programme. Accommodation will be in a Halls of Residence in London. Rooms will be single en-suite bedrooms and include towels, toiletries and breakfast. Breakfast, lunches and dinners are included in London.